Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tags Along Birthday

Happy Sunday!  What a great day!  There is nothing I love more than a cold, snowy (or rainy) Sunday.  It makes my heart smile!  It brings up happy memories of when I was a kid - I would spend these days doing my paint-by-numbers or coloring or doing puzzles.  When I was in University on Sundays I would go to the library to study until 2:00 p.m. then come home and hit the couch to "watch" football with my Dad.  Of course I was either knitting, crochetting or cross stitching but Pa was watching the game - the fire would be on and we would just "be".  I just loved it.  Sundays are family days.  When I was a kid we would come and go during the week but we were ALWAYS home together for Sunday dinner.  Roast beef, mashed potatoes with gravy (mom did - and still does - make the BEST gravy!) and of course mom would always make a dessert.  Ah, cold, gloomy Sundays.  They're the best!

I managed to hobble down to my craft room for half an hour this morning (despite Craig's nagging NOT TO STAMP today) - I have done a real number on my back and can't stand - or sit - for long.  It feel like my spine just can't support my weight and I end up "walking" at a 90 degree angle if I'm not careful.  I have no idea what I did but I had to go to the chiropractor Friday and although I took it easy yesterday, I was standing all afternoon at a Mother / Daughter Stamp-a-stack (thanks Wendy - I had a really nice, relaxing day!) and I think that just threw my back into spasms.  OK - so enough rambling, have to go re-medicate myself and lie down - on with my project!  I have a birthday party booking for a FANTASTIC soon-to-be-10-year-old-stamper and I promised to send her a few project ideas.  Here is one of them - I just love this Tags Along set - I have been using it more than any other lately (a close second is the Just Believe set!).  I'm sure the girls will love the pink and brown together ... and of course the glitter!

Hope you have a memory filled family Sunday :)


Tam




No comments:

Post a Comment