Monday, February 14, 2011

A weekend of fun!

Happy Monday ... and Happy Valentine's Day!  I'll start off with a picture of the valentines the girls made for their class mates (ok ... they stamped the cards and signed their names ... I sat for 2 hours filling the sleeves with candy, punching the holes and threading the candy THROUGH the holes but let's not split hairs!)

I had a fun weekend of crafting.  Of course Sunday was spent finishing the Valentines (doesn't matter how early in the year I start these projects I'm always finishing them at the last minute!)  My technique class was Saturday - always fun and relaxing!  And Friday I was at the Teachers Conference for the Teaching Assistants and Support Staff.  It was held at my old school, Paul Kane High.  Wow - it felt sooo weird being back there after almost 30 years (hmmm - that doesn't make me feel old at ALL!)  Of course I had to find my old faded grad photo on the wall.  It seems like just a few years ago but it was 1985 - soooo hard to believe!  The afternoon was a fun, relaxing time.  I met some great, crafty ladies and we made some great projects.  Naturally I was still putting them together hours before the class but I just LOVE how the photo block turned out (and it honestly only took me about 15 minutes!)  I had fun adding the jewels and pearls to Alicia's pictures - it really jazzed the project up.  I can't wait to make more!


We also made these GREAT folders with (8) little note cards and envelopes.  I like to have a few of these on hand at all times for Hostess Gifts ...


That's it for today.  I guess my next projects will be Easter projects.  We only have 2 months to go - to the craft room!

Enjoy the great weather - tomorrow it's back to -10 ...


:)  Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment