Sunday, March 6, 2011

Marina Bliss ..

Well I THOUGHT I had it.  I struggled for HOURS last night trying to get this card right.  I finally decided to "step away from the card" and look at it again in the morning ... here is how I left it ...

(I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Marina Mist csm ink and satin ribbon, Bliss, Engraved Greetings, White Taffeta Ribbon, the retired silver elastic, the spritzer tool (and Marina marker), dimensionals and the Rhinestones)

I dunno - there's just something not sitting right with me about it.  I thought of maybe tearing the left corner to expose the Marina cs but ... I dunno ... thoughts?  I woke up at 5:20 this morning and couldn't get it out of my head so at 8:00 am I headed down to the craft room with a cup of coffee and whipped this one up in about 10 minutes:

(I used the Tulip embossing folder, Marina Mist cs, ink and satin ribbon, Bliss, dimensionals, the Designer Label Punch and the Rhinestones)

I like it more than the first one.  Once again, once I got the majority of it put together I thought "it needs something".  Sigh.  It's hard being me!  I decided against more bling and went for some soft sponging of the edges of the layer.  I MAY leave it as is ... then again, knowing me I'll likely have another kick at it later :) ... hmmm,  now that I'm looking at it I think maybe if I just make the white layer smaller there would be less "dead space" and it might look better ... oh!  or maybe just stamp more flourishes in the corners ... ok - I'm off to play ... (can you tell I have a real addiction to stamping??!!)

Have a fun day!

Tam

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards, Tamara. You're rockin' this folder technique.....you should do it for April's Extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete