Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Anything Goes

OK - so - today's mission was to decide what three cards to make for my hostess' party this Friday.  Yes, I know today is Tuesday and I should have it figured out, cut and packed up by now but ... well ... I don't.  (I do however have all of Rebecca's birthday invitations made and handed out!) 

My hostess had some specific requests
1) a 3-D flower card using the new Blossom Petals Punch
2) a project using Versamark and
3) a project using the SU fabric. 

Hmmm - tough order!  I tried making a card with the 3-D flower but it was WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY too time consuming.  Had to scratch that idea.  I'm hoping to make a project using the Big Shot Fun Flowers die but it is on backorder and I might not get it in time.  Rats.  Oh well - moving on to her second request.  Versamark.  Instead of doing the usual heat embossing I decided to use the versamarker and do the "poppin' pastels" technique.  I also wanted to offer an Easter project so here is what I came up with.

The beauty of this card is that it can easily be made into a Mother's Day card ... or any other sentiment really - it is an "anything goes" card for sure!

I used the Fifth Avenue Floral set for the Lily and Well Scripted (ARGH!!  Another one that I didn't realize was retired!!!!!!!) for the sentiment - I used Perfect Plum DSP, ink and card stock.  You can't see it very well but the flower is mounted on Very Vanilla CS and the ribbon is the Very Vanilla 1/4" grosgrain (oh look - it's still current - woo hoo!)  To color the flower I used the Versamarker on the petals and then a dauber in the Perfect Plum chalk and popped it over the flower very lightly.  I used the So Saffron marker for the stamens of the flower (are they stamens?  I forget my high school biology ...) The eyelet border punch and some dazzling diamonds to finish things off and "wa-low".  Quick Easter Card.

Right.  So request #2 is met.  Request #3 - a project with fabric.  No-can-do.  I don't have the fabric.  So ... instead ... let's go with ... a butterfly .... no ... there is no sensible correlation here but let's go with it.  I like my hostess parties to have quick, simple projects that also use some In Colour items.  This one fits the bill.  It also uses the Big Shot which I LOVE showing at parties.  I like this one a lot:
It uses the Beautiful Butterflies die, Bring on the Cake stamp set, pearls, whisper white taffeta ribbon and Poppy Parade DSP and ink.  The Scallop Trim border punch finishes it off nicely.  Of course ANY sentiment will work with this card making it another ... you guessed it ... "anything goes" card :)

So - two projects down one to go - I'm gunna go check the UPS website to see if my flower die is going to come soon ... fingers crossed.  Tune in soon to see what the third project is - hopefully I'll have it done before Friday :)

Have a fun day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment