Thursday, May 5, 2011

Alright Already!!

Sheesh!  There's certainly nothing wrong with Rebecca's memory!  Today she pointed out AGAIN that I "make all these cards for everyone else but you STILL haven't made me my birthday card!"  ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!  I actually designed the card but of course when I DESIGN cards I only use a 1/4 sheet of CS - I can't exactly give her half a card, now can I?  I just need to get my butt downstairs and tape it to a sheet of paper ... maybe after I post this - heck its over a week late already, another 15 minutes won't hurt, right?  :)Here's what I came up with - quick and easy:
Cute, yes?  I may change the sentiment to a Happy Birthday ... after all, she IS only 8 - Happiness Always seems a little "old" for her birthday.
I used the new Flower Fest stamp set from the summer mini and mounted it on Old Olive CS - the inks are Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo - the sentiments is also from the mini - Happy Greetings.  The blue flower is just stamped on the paper - the roses (?) were punched out with the 1" punch (and then trimmed a little) and popped up with dimensionals.  Wa-low!

Of course it all came together so fast ... maybe it needs something?  Yes, glitter would look nice but I decided to color the flowers instead.  Hmmmm .... I feel a technique class coming on .... my "gals" have been asking for a watercoloring class but I haven't done one yet - maybe a "sort-of-water-coloring-class" using the aqua painter?  I grabbed my aqua painter and simply squiggled it over the flowers and the color bled enough to give it some subtle shading.  I like it!
I like that the wetting of the paper made the flowers curl a little - extra dimension :)  It took 5 seconds to do but gives quite a different look.  I think I prefer the "naked" version better .. I'm going to add a blue glitter brad to the centre of the blue flower for Rebecca's card.  I'm sure she'll love it.

That's it for today ... I still have to design one more card for a hostess party on Saturday so pop back again soon to see what I come up with.

Have a fun day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment