Sunday, September 11, 2011

Christmas Fever!

Happy Sunday!!!!  I must admit, Sunday is my favorite day of the week!  Add in some cool, rainy weather and you have my idea of the perfect day :)  Fall Sundays just make me happy ... growing up Sunday was family day - we weren't always together during the day but it was an unwritten law that we were all home for dinner on Sunday.  Mom always went that extra mile ... some sort of roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and dessert.  Mmmmm.  When I was in University I would hit the library in the morning but I'd always be home by 2:00 pm so I could "watch" football with my Dad.  Actually, he watched - I would knit or crochet.  We would just be "together".  When I was older and living on my own I always found my way to St. Albert for dinner.  I usually made a day of it.  Again, I'd bring my knitting or just watch a Sunday afternoon movie and just hang out.  I LOVE this time of year AND I love Sundays.  I'm betting my girls will have the same love for them both when they are older.

So!  Rebecca still has a drippy cold so we opted to skip yoga this morning.  Worked for me ... I got head to my craft room.  Woo Hoo!  I got to make my favorite kind of cards - CHRISTMAS CARDS!!!  I cracked off 3 in about an hour.  I wanted to come up with my Stamp-a-stack cards so I can order what I need this week. 

 You've seen this one before ... check out my older post for details.

This one you've seen before but I changed the color. This time I used Island Indigo - pretty! The stamp is Something for Christmas. I used the new Snowflake embossing folder and a wooden oval frame from the craft store to get the oval in the middle. Again you can't see the shimmer on it but I used the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz - very pretty :) So quick and clean!
This one is about as simple as they come! I used Elegant Eggplant with the Merry & Type stamp set (for the ornaments) and the Word Play stamp set for the sentiment. I added Dazzling Diamonds for a little sparkle
This next one took a little tweaking before I was happy with it but I"m pretty sure I love it :) I used Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze for the colors (thank you Color Coach ... a MUST have in your stamping upplies!!!) I embossed 2/3 of the front of the card with the Perfect Polka Dot emboss folder, used the Delightful Dozen stamp set for the sentiment (another MUST have!!!). I used Baja Breeze Seam Binding (the seam binding is the BEST ribbon for tying bows!!!) and the Snowflake Punch for the snowflake. I added the new min silver brads (from the mini catalogue) for the centre of the snowflake and the dot on the exclamation mark. Yep - love this one :)

This last one is another one of my favorites. I have a jazzier version but for a Stamp-a-stack you have to keep it quick and simple or they simply take too long! I used Very Vanilla and Early Espresso for everything. The stamp sets are Bells & Boughs (this set has taken me a year to figure out what to DO with it in order to come up with a card I liked!!) and the sentiment is from Four the Holidays (another MUST!) I used a finger dauber to distress the edges and card front a bit and used the Vanilla Seam Binding.  Three little pearls jazz it up just a bit and finish it off. I still might play with this one a bit ... maybe some tearing and/or crumpling to distress it a little more .. we'll see. I like it the way it is so I should probably leave well enough alone!

So there you have it!  See?  If you wait long enough I DO post ... and then I post a whole swack in one day!  I like to keep you guessing :) .... actually it's just the way I roll ... I'm consistently inconsistent :)  Don't you just love that about me?

Well - hope you have a fun Sunday - I'm off for my Sunday afternoon nap now ... another FABULOUS Sunday tradition around here :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment