Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rockin' Birthday!

Happy Wednesday!

Ahhhh - there is nothing I love more than a "home day".  You know ... those RARE days when you have NOTHING on your calendar ... a no one is home sick ... and you already know what you're going to make for dinner (and you have all the ingredients already!) ... and the only thing you really HAVE to do is craft!!  Yes, "home days" - there are about 3 of them per year .. and today is one of them - Woo Hoo! 

I have already been in my craft room for an hour working on projects for a party tomorrow and my Technique Class Friday but I needed to take a quick break (or my back will go out!) and remembered I had two projects I wanted to share.

The first one is a VERY quick card I made for my brother.  His birthday is next week and he lives in Half Moon Bay, BC so I needed to get it in the mail yesterday.  Mission accomplished!   I cased the idea from my friend and downline Corina (you're right, Corina - the Extreme Elements IS a must have set!!)
I used Not Quite Navy and Cajun Craze cs and ink.  The stamp sets are (retired) Extreme Guiter and Extreme Elements.  To get the extra spots I used the Color Spritzer Tool (you attach it to a marker and squeeze the bulb - it splurts ink on your project!)  I added a mini library clip to finish it off.  My brother is a FABULOUS guitar player so I bought this stamp with him in mind!  Hope he likes it :)

This next project is one I copied from Tamy Dunbar (yes, us stampers are avid thieves - we constantly steal others' ideas and creations - why reinvent the wheel?!)  Check out Tamye's blog at www.stampinfun.ca .  This is the PERFECT card (in my humble opinion!)   It can be used for Thank You, Birthday, Thinking of You, Sympathy, Just Because ... just about ANY occasion.  On top of that it is quick, easy yet elegant.  Does it GET any better than that??!!  I made 20 of these for a friend in NO time!  LOVE it!!
I used River Rock, Very Vanilla and Early Espresso cs and ink.  The stamp set is Faith in Nature, one of the hostess sets in the current catalogue (LOVE IT!)  To get the square I simply used the glass blocks stamped in the River Rock ink - stamped it off so it wasn't too inky - and then stamped on the card stock.  I finished it off with a pearl (on the leaf).  Wa-low!  A fabulous, quick card.  This will be one of the cards at my next Stamp-a-stack, I'm QUITE sure!

Right - back to crafting.   What an awesome way to spend the day.  Have fun!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment