Tuesday, January 10, 2012

PS I Love You

Happy Tuesday!!

OMG - DO I EVER LOVE TODAY'S CARD!!!!!  About an hour ago I FINALLY made it down to my craft room (WHY is it that I just can't make it down there before noon ... EVER??!!)  Today is the day I HAVE to figure out my projects for my class on Friday.  Apparently I volunteered for Rebecca's field trip tomorrow ... and Friday ... Thursday is a half day for the girls (translation "I get nothing done on Thursdays) so .... that leaves today to design, cut, clean, organize, plan.  Well!  Nothing like pressure to get a Gal goin'!  As I was munching on my yoghurt and apples again this morning I was blog hopping and I came across a layout I absolutely ADORED so I just had to make it and really I only changed the colors.  The original mastermind of this little beauty is Mindy Backes (you HAVE to give credit where credit is due!!) - her blog is www.badabingcrafting.blogspot.com (gotta love the Bada-Bing part!).  Here is her version:
LOVE it!!!
... and here is my version:
Isn't it DELICIOUS??!!  Not only do I love the layout but I love the colors and I LOVE that I got to play with a new stamp set, the new scented embossing powder and 2 new Big Shot toys!!  The stamp set is from the new Occasions Mini "PS I Love You"  It covers all the bases for Valentine's Day AND for anniversaries, weddings or just I Love Yous.  The colors are Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler (my favorite color combination EVER!!).  The biggest heart is made using the new Heart Framelit Dies.  The Cherry Cobbler hear is made by stamping the image on Whisper White in Cherry Cobbler CRAFT ink.  I then embossed it with the Vanilla Scented Embossing Powder and punched it out with the Heart punch (but there is also a Hearts Framelit the right size for this - I just chose to use my punch).  Wow!  I think I'm stop sniffing my Staz-On and move directly to embossing powder - amazing smell!!!  The 3 smaller hearts (in crumb cake, espresso and cobbler) were made using the new Fashionable Hearts Embosslits Die (from the new mini).  I stamped the ring of hearts in cobbler ink and the "love you" in espresso then punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch.  The ribbon here is the Cherry Cobbler Quilted Satin ribbon from the Holiday Mini (now retired) but the card also looks great with the Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot Ribbon or the Crumb Cake Seam binding ribbon OR the Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (yes, I tried them all!).  I settled on this one because I like the added texture it brings to the card.  The embossed, espresso and crumb cake hearts (and the "love you") are all popped up with dimensionals. 

Sigh I could just sit back and stare at this card forever. ... well ... maybe not forever but at least for the next 10 minutes.  It is perfect for Craig.  No Bling.  Mind you it has ribbon ... he says no ribbon for guys cards but tough.  He's gettin' ribbon 'caus I like it!  Hope you do too :)

Have an inspired day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment