Monday, February 13, 2012

Elementary Elegance

Happy Valentine's Eve!  Hmmm - I guess I should get a card ready for My Love .... *lol* story of my life ... I always have cards planned for OTHER people and then I scramble at the last minute for my own cards *lol* ...

I had fun today ... despite the fact that I was up most of the night with Koda.  I had a leisurly day of excercising, showering, walking, cleaning and crafting.  Oh ... but before all that fun I got to dress Alicia up like she was 100 years old for the "100th Day of School".  She looked so cute!
If only we all looked that cute at 100!

Right - onto some projects.  First up is a batch of cards I made for my friend Pam.  Pam is a Doula and needed some cards.  These are what we came up with:
I used the Note Cards and Envelopes in the IB&C so these were very quick and easy to put together.  I ran the card through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  The CS is Marina Mist.  I printed the sentiment in a word document and then stamped over it with the flourish from the "Bliss" set that was in last year's SAB catalogue.  I added some rhinestones for a little glitz.  They turned out really nicely.  I did some in Marina mist, some in Pool Party and some in Pink Pirouette. 

Next up are the Teacher Gifts I made for tomorrow ...
I've always wanted to find a reason to buy these little jars from Ikea.  FINALLY!  I filled each jar with 10 of the Swiss Delice chocoaltes (from Costco) that I wrapped with Avery labels stamped with the Valentine image from It's a Wrap Holiday (retired from the Holiday mini).  The lid had Cherry Cobbler polka dot ribbon attached with sticky strip and the sentiment is from the retired Chocolate set.  I attached some small hearts with mini glue dots.  Fun!

Last up is a simple card I came up with for an upcoming fundraiser.  Once again it took me about 2 hours to come up with this simple card ... once again .... "it's hard being me" .... *lol*
I sued Sahara Sand and Cherry Cobbler ink and cs and the Elementary Elegance SAB set.  The strip of Sahara Sand cs was run through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  I love how the texture of the folder coordinates with the swirls of the stamped frame.  Cute!

Right.  I'm SO ready for bed (at 8:10 pm!!!)  If only the puppy was on the same sleep schedule ...

Have a fun night :)


Tam

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you managed to figure out a doula card for Pam! It's beautiful!

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete