Sunday, March 25, 2012

Friends Forever

Happy Sunday!

Hope you're havin' a good day.  We're having some fun around here ... except that the girls are bickering like crazy today ... and we still have 7 more days of Spring Break ... give me strength!  On the "up" side everytime they start to fight I make them clean up more of the play room ... that stops them pretty quickly ... and the playroom should be clean by dinner time *lol*.

I stole a bit more time in my craft room this morning while Rebecca watched TV and Dad and Alicia slept in.  I came up with another card I really like ... this one was designed for my Technique Class in a few weeks using the Brayer-Emboss Folder Technique ... maybe I'll come up with a better name than that *lol*:
So!  To get the background image I used my brayer in the Crumb Cake ink and applied it to the indented side of the Vintage Wallpaper emboss folder.  When you run the cs through the folder you get the ink on the indented space and the vanilla on the raised parts.  I used Not Quite Navy c.s. and ink.  I also used the Vintage Vogue stamp set (page 147) and the "forever" is from Fabulous Phrases (I'm using this set more and more these days ...).  For the "Friends" portion I used Not Quite Navy CRAFT ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder for added texture.  I used pearls and then punched out the "forever" with the 3/4 x 15/16" oval punch (aka Small Oval - it doesn't look like a true oval to me but what do I know?).  Some dimensionals popped up the 2 1/2" circle "Friends" portion and the "forever" portion.  Ta-da (or should I say Wa-low!)

That's likely all the crafting I'll do today - I have Ma and Pa coming over for Roast Beef, Mashed spuds and gravy - oh, and "heavenly carrots".  Mmmmm - maybe I should go work out now so I can indulge later :)

Hope you're having a fun day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment