Thursday, March 22, 2012

He is Risen ... Take 2 ...

Happy Thursday!

Yuck!  The driving out there is aweful tonight!  We just came back from our "Sparks" field trip to the fire hall ... one big snowy mess out there!  ... on the bright side it will make for GREAT snowman building weather for the next few days - there has been so little snow this year it will be the first one the girl make!

I had another stress free day today.  Of course stress free doesn't mean lazy ... or lacking in things to do :)  I took the kids to school, came home and took Koda for a long walk.  I had some breakfast and then had to take a "sample" to the vet for testing.  Came home, worked out then finished off my other 29 Bunny cards from yesterday (it only took an hour!).  Then I was off to the school to have lunch with Rebecca.  Home again ... tidied up a bit then I had about 45 minutes before I had to pick the girls up.  I headed back to the craft room and got to work on another Easter card - this time one I could mail!  I've been thinking lately "how can I make more detailed cards that have that "wow" factor without having my brain cells explode".  Then I figured I should "do what Mary does".  Who's Mary?  Mary Fish, of course!  Have you ever checked out her work?  If not you MUST!  She rarely makes a card that doesn't make you go "Wow!".  Her web site is www.stampinpretty.com (I have to warn you, though - once you've been to her site you will likely end up buying a lot of product that you didn't THINK you wanted ... or needed ... but once you see her projects you will immediately place a large order!!!)  So how does Mary do it?  Well first of all she is extremely talented in her own right - I believe she is/was an artist ... or a designer .. I can't remember now but she truly is talented.  The other things she does, though, is follows the sketches on the Mojo Monday site - in fact she is one of the Mojo Designers.  The site for the Mojo sketches is www.mojomonday.blogspot.ca  The sketches, I figured, would help me where I really struggle ... with the layout!  I waste so much time trying to get a nice placement of various pieces of cardstock - it truly can take me hours at times.  So I headed over to the site and pulled up a layout I liked then I headed to the craft room.  I had already decided I wanted to use the "He Is Risen" stamp and I was pretty sure I wanted to use Chocolate Chip and Pool Party for colors (thanks to a card I saw on Mary's site).  I also knew I wanted to use the embossing technique we will be learning this month in my class.  I don't know what it's called but you ink the embossing folder before you emboss the card stock.  About 45 minutes later I came out with this card:
What d'ya think?  The more I look at it the more I love it!  The sketch I used was the jumping off point that I needed - I will definately be using the sketches MUCH more often.
So - the recipe ... pretty straight forward - Chocolate Chip and Pool party paper and ink.  I used the vintage wallpaper embossing folder and applied ink directly to the debossed (flat) side of the folder then ran it though the Big Shot.  I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate and colored the dove with Pool Party marker then applied the Smooch Illuminate Top Coat for a little glimmer.  I punched some leaves with the bird punch and added some pearls and added just a hint of chocolate shading around the sentiment piece with my finger dauber.  It really is an easy card!

OK - it's 8:16 pm ... if I stick to my bedtime schedule this week I should be in bed in about 15 minutes (yes, the dog is still getting me up at least once a night ... hence the "sample" I took to the vet ... and hence the pills he is now on to get rid of the "problem" ... apparently "No, a puppy should NOT be pooping 10 times a day". )

Have a fun night ... and drive safe for all you Albertans out there!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment