Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Golf, Anyone?

Happy Wednesday!

Not much to report this week - I've just been catching up on little bits and pieces.  I spend about 4 hours trying to find the floor and the desk in my craft room after last weeks crafting blitz!  MAN I make a mess when I craft!  Aside from spending a few hours coming up with my daughters' Easter Scavenger Hunt rhyme I spend a few hours designing Rebecca's birthday invitations.  It occurred to me last Friday that her birthday was fast approaching and I hadn't made her invitations yet.  I like to give mom's 2 weeks notice which meant I HAD to have them ready to hand out Tuesday morning.  This card was PERFECT for the occasion - we are going to the Putt n' Glow - glow in the dark mnini golf at West Edmonton Mall.  It took about 5 minutes to come up with this:
The picture just doesn't do it justice!  The green and hole are cut out of felt using the Scalloped Oval Die and the Oval die.  The flag pole is a popsicle stick and the flag was made using the Pennant Punch,  I used a hot glue glun to glue a styrofoam ball onto the green.  I used the retired "Introducing" stamp set for the sentiment (I use this set every year!!) and the birds are from Up, Up and Away.  Quick and easy!  The great thing is that it very easily turns into this:
The "Dad" is from "Loved Ones" in the current mini catalogue (I sure hope this set makes it into the main catalogue in June!!).  The "Best" is from the "Best Dad Ever" set in the main catalogue.  I think I just might have to make it again using card stock, just for fun.  Of course the Word Window would work for the flag pole and the green would be made out of card stock instead of felt.  I could use a jumbo brad or card stock for the ball.  Well see ... I have a few other projects up my sleeve before that happens :)

Have a great evening!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment