Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Masked Field Flowers

Ugh.

We interupt this basement toy purge to bring you a card.  Seriously.  I'm losing the will to live over here.  Did I seriously BUY all these TOYS??!!  No WONDER I'm not rich!  I was obviously on a real roll with my "if some is good a million is better" mentality for the last 5 years of my daughters' lives!!!  I've spent all morning sorting out Dora, Diego, My Little Pony and Little Pet Shop toys for my upcoming garage sale.  I haven't even TOUCHED the 4 boxes of children books, 2 boxes of clothes, box or cookbooks and 19 boxes of general "stuff" yet.  I think it's going to be a loooooooooooong run up to next Thursday.  I say it again.  Ugh.

I had to stop the madness and head to my craft room to "reset".  Although this card will only take a sane, toy-free crafter about 10 minutes to put together it took me the better part of an hour.  But I feel mildly better now ... and yes, I now have Friday's technique card sorted out :)

I love this set ... Field Flowers.  It's SO versatile!  This card can be used for Birthday, Sympathy, Friend, Just Because, Thank You ... anything!  You can't really get the full effect from the photo but I used the masking technique on this.  I started by stamping the flowers on a piece of computer paper and then cutting it out very closely to the stamped image.  I then placed the cut out image on my Very Vanilla cs and stamped the En Francais stamp (in Calypso Coral) over top of it.  (In order to get a really subtle color of the color I stamped off on a scrap piece of paper before stamping on my vv cs.)

When you then lift the cut out of your flowers there is a blank space where you paper was.  You then use your Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp your flowers on the cs.  I used Crumb Cake today.  Then came the fun part - the antiquing.  I used a sponge to apply some Crumb Cake shading to the front.  I distressed the corner using my fingernail.  I used my Spritzer Tool to spritz blotches of Crumb Cake here and there - I used my finger dauber in Crumb Cake to shade the edges a bit.  Oh!  And I used a very very very slight dab of Coral in the centre of the flowers with another dauber.  I inked the sentiment (from God's Blessings) in Crumb cake and used punched it out with my Decorative Label punch.  I used my dauber to shade the edges.  A little snipped of Victoria Crochet Trim ribbon, some dimensionals and a pearl and Wa-low!   A fabulous vintage card :)  Just the distraction my little garage-saling brain needed to re-charge.

Guess I should get back at it.

Have a stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment