Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Teacher Gift 2012

Happy Thursday!

I don't have much time so I'll be brief (ya ... right, I hear you say!)  No really!  Apparently we ARE going ahead with the garage sale tomorrow so I have a lot of last minute things to take care of.  (We decided we wouldn't have it since ALL the weather forecasts were for 80% chance of rain Thur through Monday ... of course in true weather-man form they have now completely changed the forecast and it should be quite nice.  Grrrrrr.  We decided to go ahead - if it rains, it rains ... not ideal but really there is not other weekend until August to have it!)

So ... just a quick post.  Last night my friends Rae Ann and Wanda came over to stamp with me (hi girls!)  We all worked on about 7 different projects over 3 hours for teachers and students/children.  Here is what I'll be taking in for the staff at St. Charles tomorrow:
... and up close ...
These were really quick and easy to put together (the hardest part was getting the fresh, sticky licorice into the little plastic sleeves!)  I used the 2" x 8" sleeves from SU and punched out (35) 2 3/8" Scalloped Circles and (35) butterflies (with the now retired butterfly punch ... I like the new one but I liked the look of this one better for this particular project).  I taped one wing down so the other wing can flip up a bit.  I stamped :gratitude: from Fabulous Phrases in Real red.  Oh!  The butterflies were punched out of the DSP Paper Pack - Real Red.  I just taped the scallop directly to the bag.  Wa-low!  35 treats ready to roll as a little appreciation to all the staff for all that they do for our kids.

Next up ... my gift for the teachers ...
I bought them each a "From Your Teacher" stamp set and a Real Red ink pad and wrapped them together with the (retired) Ridinghood Red 1 1/4" Ribbon.  Now I just have to make them a card and THEY are done ... I'm about half way through my to-do list before the end of school!

Right - that's it for today ... gotta go price those last few items ... and make some signs ... a clean up that old bike ... and load the car ... oh my ... could be a long night ...


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment