Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trust God and Affection Collection

Happy Thursday!

Woo Hoo!  I've the creative juices flowing today ... and the house to myself for the next 5 hours (insert happy dance here!).  Thank goodness for Grandma's!  ... the girls have gone to my mom's for the afternoon and dinner ... I will then pick up Rebecca and head to yoga with her while Alicia stays until yoga is over, when I'll pick her up.  I've already managed to chip away at my projects for this weekend.

On Friday I have a class for Noella and a group of Youth Group Leaders from her church.  They want to make birthday cards for all the youth they work with so I came up with (2) cards for the girls and (1) for the boys.  The Need for Speed card I posted yesterday is the "boy" card.  I thought I would give them an option for that card, using the same supplies ... so here is the alternative ...
Same supplies and sentiment - I just changed the Need for Speed image for the retired "Extreme Guitar".  Noella said there were a few artists in the group so this may be a good card for them.

Here is another one I made - this time for the girls:
Again ... my camera stinks!  I stamped the "burst" from Affection Collection (from the mini - poage 35 - $26.95 clear; $36.95 wood) in Crumb Cake and then the winged heart in Raspberry Ripple.  I then ran it through the Designer Frames Folder to frame it.  This process took a little while ... when I ran it through the first time the picture frame was so deeply embossed that it cut the paper.  I learned a little trick from another demonstrator's You Tube video (sorry - I can't remember who!) to stop this from happening.  I taped a small piece of Vellum Card Stock to the inside of the folder.  This creates a slight buffer for the image and should keep the paper from cracking or cutting.  While I've tried this successfully using my Woodgrain Folder my picture frame still cracked.  OK.  Try again ... I put a second piece of vellum on the OTHER inside side if the folder.  Nope.  Still cut it.  Hmmmm ... I grabbed my sanding tools (files, actually) ... and sanded down the plastic folder so that it wasn't so thick.  3rd and 4th trials still cracked the paper so I kept filing.  5th time is the charm!  I filed enough of the folder down so that it no longer cuts or cracks the paper when I use it.  Hee hee - dad would be proud :)

I stamped the sentiment from "Trust God" (page 136 of the main catty - $17.95 clear; $24.95 wood) in Raspberry Ripple, the little swirl from "Tiny Tags" (page 124 of the main catty $20.95 clear; $27.95 wood) in Crumb Cake and added some rhinestones.  You can't see it here but I also used my 2-way glue pen and some Dazzling Diamonds on the winged heart image.  Oh!  And I stamped a second heart, punched it out with the Small Heart punch and popped it up on a dimensional.

Third up (and my personal favorite!) also uses the Trust God set:
Last year these little presents were very popular ... they used the retired Triple Flower Punch to make really cute bow toppers.  Since that is now retired I had to find another punch ... I used one of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch (page 185 of the main catty - $22.95).  The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy.  The present "mat" and bows are also Night of Navy.  The DSP is Polka Dot Parade (page 164 of the catty - $13.50).  I LOVE this DSP - it's one of the few DSPs that has WHITE as the accent, not Very Vanilla.  I added some rhinestones and Wa-low!

So that's what I have so far today.  I now need to head downstairs to figure out which of my already designed cards to use for Saturday's class and come up with (5) designs for my Birthday Stamp-a-Stack on Sunday.

Hope you're having as much fun as I am!  Have a stampy day!


Tam




No comments:

Post a Comment