Saturday, April 20, 2013

Birthday Butterfly Case

Happy Saturday!

I told you I'd be back :)  Don't you just love my spuratic blogging? *lol*

Today I have a card to show you that is a case from Mary Fish.  Do you follow her?  I don't know many stampers who DON'T follow her!  You really should pop into her blog at www.stampinpretty.com - I do - every - single - day.  MAN she's is one talented lady!  Here is the clean and simple card she made that I decided to case for my Stamp-a-Stack tomorrow:
Pretty, yes?  Now I really don't know what it is about me ... or why I can't just leave well enough alone ... but I can't.  I just can't.  Whenever I CASE a card that I like that is clean, simple and uncluttered I have this need to ADD something to it.  I just can't handle all the blank space!  Don't worry.  I'm seeking help for my neurosis *lol*.  Here is the card I came up with:
It WAS the same as Mary's ... exactly the same ... and then I added 3 more butterflies and rhinestones.  I'll let my stampers decide if they want to leave it plane or add to it, as I did.  I punched the top layer of ww with the Elegant Butterfly punch (page 184 - $21.95) and then used the "Occasions" Paper-Piercing Pack (page 27 of the Spring Mini - $10.95) to punch the butterfly design around the punched design.  Have you ever TRIED the paper piercing packs?  I forgot just how therapeutic it is!  Remind me of popping bubble wrap just for fun *lol* ... give it a try - lots of fun!  I put a 2" x 2" piece of Polka Dot Parade Rich Razzleberry DSP behind the punched image and used my 2-way glue pen to attach the smaller Bitty Butterfly (page 13 of the mini - $21.95).  I added a rhinestone to his body and colored it with my purple Sharpie.  The sentiment is in Razzleberry, from the "Made for You" set - page 44 - $10.95 clear; $14.95 wood.  I added the other 3 butterflies and added colored rhinestones to them as well.  Quick, easy and pretty :)  Thanks, Mary, for the great card!

... so now one just for fun ...

THIS is what my "happy place" looks like after a few hours of crafting ... look familiar?  *lol*
Yep ... it's my "happy place" ... until I need to clean it *lol*.  Notice the little 4" x 3" space I actually have to work??  THIS is where the magic happens *lol* ...

Pop in tomorrow when I'll share another CASEd card for my SAS ... until then ... have a stampy day :)

Tam




No comments:

Post a Comment