Thursday, June 20, 2013

Soho Subway Birthday

Happy Thursday!!


Today is a short day for the girls ... and I have a private class to prep for tomorrow night ... so I'll be brief today!

Here is the card I was talking about ... TOTALLY different than my *usual* style!
What'd'ya think??  I can't decide if I love it or if it looks like something the cat yacked up!  I THINK I like it!  (and let's face it ... the alternative is kinda gross!)

I just wanted to play ... and play I did ... I started by running some of the Cherry Cobbler Core'dinations Card Stock (page 149; $29.95) through the new Alphabet Press embossing folder (page 191 $9.95) and then sanding it with our sanding block (page 157 - $5.50) to get the rough 2-tones effect.  I did the same with a small piece of the Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock but instead of running it through the embossing folder I simply roughed it up with the sanding block.  I also used the distress tool on both pieces for roughed-up edges (page 157 - $6.95).  I put a small piece of Crushed Curry cards tock behind the Cherry Cobbler.  Funny ... when the Crushed Curry was an In Color a few years ago I HATED it with a passion ... never used it once ... but now I like it!  Go figure!  I stamped the HBD in Early Espresso ink on the Soho Subway DSP (page 151 $13.50) and punched them out with the new Artisan Label Punch (page 181 - $21.95).  I popped the "B" up on a dimensional.  I wrapped some linen thread around the Early Espresso piece.  I mounted it all on an Early Espresso layer that is on a Sahara Sand base.  Phew!  A lot of new toys, a lot of payers and a LOT of mess ... but I had a lot of fun!  It was great to step outside my *norm* and my comfort zone and try something new.  Give it a go and see what you can come up with!

Pop in again tomorrow to see another quick and easy card.  Until then - have a stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment