Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Storage Solutions

Happy Wednesday!

We're heading to the park shortly for a little fresh air.  While the girls play I'm hoping to start working on my fall stamping schedule.  It's crazy but I feel like July is already a write-off and I have to have all my little duckies in a row by mid-August so I can hit the fall running.  It goes SOOOO fast once September 1st hits!  Of course there is the *new* school routine and adjustment period and then it's a sprint up to October and Alicia's birthday.  Weeks later it's my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, my brother comes to town, Halloween and then my Dad's birthday.  That takes us to November and I'll be in the final stages of my crafting craziness before Christmas!  It will be a blur of fundraisers, Technique classes. Stamp-a-stacks, parties and treats for the kids' friends.  I NEED to buckle down and creat all my projects for Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas in the next 3 weeks!  Eek!  When I put it like that I better bust a move!  I'll start by getting off the computer *lol*!

Today I wanted to show you some storage ideas that I've stumbled across from other blogs and Stampin' Connection ... the private website exclusive to Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.  This is one MAJOR reason to become a demonstrator - you have access to hundreds of THOUSANDS of card, gift and scrapbooking ideas ... all with Stampin' Up! products.  It's fantastic! 

The first storage idea comes from fellow demonstrator Kimberly Barker.  She so very generously posted printable pages that fit into the Stampin' Up! clear boxes ... which you can buy in the Clearance Rack, while supplies last!!  You can order these directly through my on-line store at www.tamarabertram.stampinup.net - Item # 119105 - $7.50 plus s/h/gst and you get (4) cases.  I would order at least 2 sets ... 1 set for your markers and a few to store your framelits.  SO!  Without further adeau ... I give you ... my new and improved Marker Storage Cases:
LOVE THEM!!!  11 markers can fit in each case.  There are 10 colors in each color family so there is room for one duplicate (I have 3 reds, 3 blacks, 3 chocolate chips so I have an extra few cases just for the *extras*).  Both In Color sets can also fit in one case.  This is MUCH better than my *old* system which was just 5 dollar store pencil trays - one for each family.  They took up a lot of shelf space and were always tipping.  These are the cat's behind!!  At a quick glance I can see which colors are in which cases (I'm still struggling to remember which colors moved to which family this year *lol*) and they stack nicely in my DVD stand.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!  Kimberly ALSO provided printables for ALL of the framelits!!!  She must have spent HOURS and HOURS creating these documents - she's so generous in sharing them with everyone for free!  I tried posting all of her hard work on my blog so you can access them too (as mentioned I found them on the exclusive website) ... but I can't figure out how ... so I can't post them!  If anyone knows how to add a documents to blogger please let me know - but I found a goggle site that indicates you can only upload images, not files.  Too bad ... I'd like to post them so anyone can access them anytime!  You may be able to find these (or similar ones) on Splitcoast Stampers website ... I took a quick peek and they seem to have quite a few different postings.  Of course if you are a member of my Trail Blazers Team, club member or customer drop me an e-mail and I'll send them to you (I'd offer this to everyone but I wouldn't have enough time to e-mail everyone!!)

My next storage idea was another one I stumbled across ... but I don't remember where!  Pinterest maybe?  I'm really not sure.   Iwon't take credit for the idea ... although I'd love to ... it's a great idea!  Here it is:
Ahhhhhhhh!!!  Storage for all my finger daubers!!!  These are also retired cases that Stampin' Up! is selling off in the Clearance Rack (again, accessible through my store website) while supplies last.  Item # 134681 for a (10) pack of thes 8" x 5 1/4" boxes with dividers for $9.95 plus s/h/gst.  It holds 42 daubers .... enough for all 40 of the colors in the main color families.  Too bad it doesn't fit another 10 to hold the In Color daubers as well ... but heck ... you DO get 10 so I guess you could always start another box!  I would suggest buying the 10 pack and sharing with your friends - it works out to about $1.00 per box - cheap, cheap, cheap!!!

Sooo ... since we are talking storage I figured I'd re-post the picture of how I store most of my framelits ... with magnetic sheets stuck to the wall with our sticky strip:
These are the ones I use the most ... I DO need to hang more sheets to handle my newest framelits - the circle and square ones ... and the Thinlits that I'll be ordering next week ;) .... the rest of the framleits are in the DVD cases I mentioned above.  Again, Kimberly's printables will help me find the right set in a glance!

So that's it for today.  I'm now going to see if I can figure out again how to post those printables!   Wish me luck ... and have a stampy day!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. I do not quite mastered yet MDS and I have been looking for several weeks how to create these templates
    if you find how to share I'd be happy to have
    mail or download
    thanks
    corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Corinne ... send me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you the marker printables ... bertram4@shaw.ca - I don't think there is a way I can upload them to blogger ...

      Delete