Friday, July 19, 2013

You're Amazing Christmas

Happy Friday!!

As I'm posting this I'm watching the Opening Session of the Stampin' Up! Convention. This year is their 25th Anniversary and it looks like an AWESOME time! I'm sad I'm not there but it's great being able to see some of the excitement on YouTube live. This company truly is amazing in so many ways ... I just love Shelli and her company, and am so proud to be a part of it. The theme this year is "Be the Difference". Fabulous. Stampin' Up! DOES make a difference.  Being a demonstrator has made a huge difference in my life, and that of my family. 

Alright - enough of that - I'm welling up (they are running a clip on sick children regarding their Ronald McDonald House efforts!)

OK ... Woo Hoo!  Bring on the weekend!  As of 4:00 pm Craig is officially on holidays for two weeks - I can't wait!  I LOVE when he is home.  I know some women dread when their husbands are home and "under foot" but Craig is so awesome it's more like I'M the one on holidays!  He does so much house work, all the yard work and usually does the cooking (ok, BBQing) and I just get to have fun!  We have a few day trips planned so I'm not sure how much stamping I'll get done ... but DON'T PANIC!  As I mentioned in my last post my goal was to spend yesterday in my craft room and that's exactly what I did!  I came up with THREE Christmas cards that I love and will post those over the next 3 days.

SO!  First up is a card that was inspired by fellow Canadian Demonstrator Jackie Topa.  You can check out her fabulous work (much or it punch art!) at Addicted to Stamping at www.jackietopa.typepad.com - she does amazing work!  Here is what she inspired me to make:
LOVE it!!!  Isn't it fun!!??  For colors I used Whisper White, Island Indigo (can't get enough of this color!!) and Real Red and Early Espresso.  Oh - I also used some Smoky Slate for the toppers of the balls.  I don't think you can see it in the picture but background is embossed with the new Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder from the new Holiday Mini - page 22, $9.95 (available August 1st).  The greeting is from another Holiday Mini set called Joy to the World - page 24 for $203.95 clear; $26.95 wood.  The balls are actually very clever - they were made by stamping the hot air balloon from the You're Amazing set in the main catalogue - page 15 - $27.95 clear; $37.95 wood - and then punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch (page 182 $21.95.  (I stamped Real Red ink on Real Red card stock and Island Indigo ink on Island Indigo card stock)


I made the little ball toppers with the Merry Mini Punch Pack ornament punch (it isn't shown in the catalogue but they have been carried over - $22.95 for the set of 3).  I punched the ornaments out of Smoky Slate and snipped of the top like this:
... and then taped them to the back of the ball.  For the loops I just used my silver marker (again, carried over but not shown ... I think they are $4.50 but don't quote me ...) freehand.

I LOVE the color combination and retro feel of this card.  Love love LOVE it!  Thanks again Jackie for the inspiration!!

Pop in again tomorrow to see another clean and simple card that just pops!  Until then ... have a stampy Friday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment