Sunday, August 4, 2013

Perfect Blend

Happy Sunday!

OK ... Let's try to keep this somewhat short, shall we?  I've had a very productive day ... which of COURSE means that I have been procrastinating on something!  Yes ... I have a project that I'm working on for Stampin' Up! Team Canada that has a deadline of Thursday.  I have been putting it off for about a week and a half now.  Today was the day I was going to work on it ... it should only take about 2 hours.  This would have been the perfect day to do it ... the weather is kind of *meh* ... the kids have been playing nicely all day and Craig has been doing his own thing around the yard.  Naturally, rather than doing what I SHOULD be doing I have spent the entire day cleaning, doing laundry, spending a few hours on e-mails and other stamping work ... and of course I just *happened* to enter my craft room ... and of course after cleaning up from Friday's class I just *happened* to get the crafting itch!  So ... I'll share the card I just made ... then eat dinner ... and maybe somewhere around 7:00 pm I'll start doing my project ... then again if I think really hard I may be able to come up with something else that will help me procrastinate just a little longer.  I get SO much DONE when I procrastinate *lol*

So for today's project I wanted to use my not-so-new-but-not-yet-inked-up set Perfect Blend.  I had a thought about it last night and wanted to put thought to paper ... and here it is:

Hee hee ... love it!  I SO wanted to use the coffee cup from the Perfect Blend set (page 37 - $13.95 clear; $16.95 wood) along with the Gorgeous Grunge set (page 109; $21.95 clear; $30.95 wood ) to make it look like a spill.  It turned out exactly as I envisioned it (is that how you spell envisioned?  Or is it invisioned ... hmmm ... Dad? ...)  Anyway (have you figured out yet I suck at spelling??!!)  I used Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Summer Starfruit cardstocks and inks.  I stamped the splatters first (seriously ... you NEED THIS SET!!!).  I then stamped the coffee cup on a scrap of whisper white and cut it out.  I stamped the cup again on a piece of Summer Starfruit DSP from the Soho Subway DSP (page 151 - $13.50) and cut that out for the wrapper.  The cup is popped up on dimensionals.  The sentiment is from Yippee-Skippee! (page 37; $17.95 clear; $22.95 wood).  The full sentiment on the stamp is "Awesome .... Thanks".  I just used my Summer Starfruit marker to ink the "Awesome." part - stamped it on scrap - punched it out with the word window punch and matted it on a Modern Label punched piece of Chocolate Chip.  That is popped up too.  I punched out some chevrons in Summer Starfuit with the new Chevron Border Punch (in the holiday mini - page 23 - $29.95 ... and worth every penny!)  I attached the chevrons with my 2-way glue pen.  The sentiment on the inside is from Really Good Greetings (page 38 - $17.9 clear; $22.95 wood). 

I really like this color combination!  Summer Starfruit is certainly not my go-to color but it really works well with the Chocolate Chip.  This is a great card to send to a friend who is going through a rough patch.  Who wouldn't smile getting THIS card??

That's it for now ... dinner is smelling great and almost ready (did I mention Craig has been off work for 2 weeks and I've only cooked one meal in that entire time?  I have the BEST husband!!!)  Pop in again soon.  Until then ... have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

2 comments: