Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thankful For You

Happy Tuesday!!

I'm happy to say I have everything prepped and ready to go for class tonight ... so I have time to post another project for you today!!  This is one of the cards we will be making tonight:
You know what I'm gunna say, right?  Yep ... LOVE it!!  I'm hoping it's not to fiddly for some of my "virgin stampers" ... there are a few more steps to it than I like for new stampers ... but it's just so darned cute!!  It's not hard, just a lot of Big Shotting ... Big Shotting??  New word for the day :)

I used a base of Very Vanilla.  I then stamped the Woodgrain stamp on it, inked in Sahara Sand ink.  I then punched out the leaves with my Autumn Accents Die using Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and old Olive card stock.  I ran the leaves through the Bog Shot again using the Woodgrain Embossing folder.  The "Thankful" was made with the Expressions Thinlit, and the paper I used was the Sweater Weather DSP from the holiday catalogue.  I was a little worried that the delicate paper wouldn't work well with the intricate framelit but it did fine.  The main trick to using these thinlits is to make your Big Shot "sandwich" using a piece of was paper between the cardstock and the framelit.  It makes getting the paper out a LOT easier.  Yes, it's a little fiddly to apply the 2-way glue to the word but nothing us crafters can't handle!!  Finally I stamped the "for you" from the Itty Bitty Banner set (page 30 of the main catalogue) and punched it out using the coordinating Bitty Banners framelits.  I still haven't decided if life is too short to be botheres using the framelit to punch out the banner ... paper snips are just as quick ....  I popped the For You up on a dimensional and for the finishing touch added a Chocolate Chip Candy Dot to the green leaf.  So not HARD, but we do use the big shot 4 times for one project! 

Here are the products I used for this card:

Very Vanilla Card Stock - item #101650 - $9.25
Crushed Curry Card Stock - item #131199 - $8.50
Cajun Craze Card Stock - item #119684 - $8.50
Old Olive Card Stock - item #100702 - $8.50
Cajun Craze Ink - item #126965 - $7.25
Autumn Accents Bigz Die - item # 127812 - $26.95
Itty Bitty Banners stamp set - item #126257 - $14.95 clear; item # 132022 - $19.95 wood
Bitty Banners Framelits - item #129267 - $18.95
Expressions Thinlits - item #132171 - $30.95
2-way glue pen - item # 100425 - $5.95
Neutrals Candy Dots - item #130934 - $7.95
Dimensionals - item #104430 - $5.50

That's it for now ... I'm off to my Jenny Craig weigh in this morning.  Fingers crossed the scale likes me this week!!  Pop in again tomorrow when I have another card to show off from tonight's class.  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment