Thursday, October 3, 2013

Lovely as a Tree - Swiped!

Happy Thursday!

Just a half day of school for the kids today so just a quickie today!

As promised yesterday, today's card is anotherone made with the Lovely as a Tree set.  Now this set is a MUST OWN SET!!  When I was told by my *upline* 7 years ago that I had to have this set I looked at her like a confused dog.  She said that was the looke everyone gives anyone who says this is a must own set ... but that once you buy it you'll understand ... so I bought it ... and I understood!  This set truly is one that you can use for virtually any occasion ... and I HAVE used it for virtually every occasion!  Trust me.  Buy the set.  You won't regret it!  Here is another great Christmas card you can make with it:
Love it!  For the background on this card I simply took my sponge (that was still inky from the card I posted yesterday!) added a bit more ink to it with the Smoky Slate ink pad and swiped it across my card stock.  I love the effect it gave me!  I stamped the trees in Basic Black Staz-on and then stamped them again with Smoky Slate.  The Joy to the World is from the holiday mini set "Joy to the World" (go figure! *lol*).  To give it a little bit of shine I added 5 rhinestones under the sentiment.  It still needed a little glimmer so I grabbed my sponge and my Illuminate ink pad and dabbed the trees with it.  I then realized *that was silly ... why not just stamp the trees with the illuminate too?* ... so that's what I did.  You can't see the shimmer in the photo but it does shimmer ... and looks really soft and pretty :)

That's it for today ... but keep popping back in.  I made another Christmas card ... and used just about every color combination known to mankind before settling on simple old white, Cherry Cobbler and black!  It's a great Christmas card for any musical family/friends on your Christmas card list this year!  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Hello, found your card from yesterday on Pinterest, both of these are lovely....that is a wonderful set and one of my faves. I may have to case you for some of my cards this Christmas. Love the grays. Your streaked sky on this is wonderful. tfs....

    ReplyDelete