Sunday, October 6, 2013

Two by Two Baby Announcement

Happy Sunday *yawn* ...

I need a few more cups of coffee to hit my usual level of perkiness today!  Yesterday was Alicia's Halloween Birthday Party.  It was a blast but MAN I'm feeling it today!  My hips, calves and back are screaming at me ... all those hours of planning and prep take a toll on this gal!  ... but it was SO worth it!  The kids has so much fun ... and so did I ... so it is all worth it to see that beutiful smile on my now-8-year-old's leapoard-print face!
Here are some of the things I prepped for the party:
How did I ever do ANYTHING before I discovered Pinterest???!!!  I also made my Halloween costume thanks to Pinterest, printed off some creepy eyeballs to tape to the door, thanks to Pinterest and had fun party games, thanks to Pinterest!  Add in the haunted basement that Craig set up and yes .... everyone had a screaming good time (no really ... literally screaming *lol*)

So!  That wraps up what I've been working on all week.  Onwards and upwards!   Next stop is Thanksgiving, then Halloween, then Christmas!  Before I start into all that, though, I want to share a sweet Baby Announcement I designed lfor a friend who is expecting.  As usual, the lighting is a little off ... of maybe it's just my bleary eyes this morning *lol*:
I designed it so that once the baby is born it would be easy enough to switch the color from pink to blue.  I really like how it turned out.

The Whisper White base is standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The top Whisper Whote layer is 5 1/4" x 4" and the Chocolate Chip layer in between is 5 1/4" *plus 2 ticks* by 4 1/4" *plus two ticks*.
I ran the top WW layer through the Polka Dot embossing folder and sponged the edges with Pink Pirouette
I used the CIrcle framelits to cut the Chocolate Chip circle (3 1/4")
I stamped the (retired) Two by Two stamp in black Staz On and cut it out with the 2 3/4" circle framelit and sponged the edge of it with Pink Pirouette (and then popped it up on dimensionals)
I cut a strip of Pink Pirouette DSP 4 1/4" x 1" and made a dove tail on one end.
The sentiment is from the (retired) Introducing set, stamped in black Staz On and then colored with the Chocolate Chip marker and dovetailed.  I sponged the edges in Pink Pirouette and popped it up on dimensionals
I added some of the 5/8"Organza ribbon for the finishing touch.
For coloring I just grabbed the kids' bucket of pencil crayons and colored away.  There is a lot of brown on it but I think it works having just the little pop of pink for the elephants and blue for the water and birds.  It will make it easy to switch out if baby turns out to be a boy.

So that's been my week ... a little bit of crafting and a LOT of party planning.  Today is going to be a much needed *rest* day which may or may not include crafting (but I hipe it does!)  So until next time, thanks for popping in and have a stampy Sunday!!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that Alyssa and I LOVE what you did with the pop bottles and she wants me to do them for her birthday. How did you do them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pinterest, Baby! Check my "Alicia's Birthday" board. There is a link to free printable labels. I just printed them on normal paper, cut them out, removed the original pop label (they peel off fairly easily ... the sticky part that doesn't come off easily comes off if you run it under hot water and scrape it with a butter knife) and then glue the new labels on with a glue stick. Easy peasy

      Delete