Saturday, November 9, 2013

Masculine Birthday - Wetlands

Happy Saturday!

Another busy day today so I'll get right to it!

I absolutely LOVE the quick, clean layout of today's card!  I can't take credit for it - I CASEd it from Pinterest, designed by Jaydee over at www.jaydeestamping.com .  I changed the colors slightly and added an extra sprig of the wheat but the layout and design is all Jaydee's!  Here is my version:
So quick and easy!  I used Crumb Cake for the base and Very Vanilla for the layer.  First I punched out the cricle using my Circle Framelits (page 186 - $32.95).  Then I stamped the goose from Wetlands with Basic Gray Ink and the wheat from the same set with Crumb Cake on the circle, plus the wheat on the card layer.  I used a blender pen to add a little Crumb Cake shading to the goose.  I cut a flag from a 3/4" x 3 1/2" scrap of Very Vanilla and stamped the sentiment in Basic Gray.  I added a retired brad and popped the circle up on dimensionals.  That's it!  It takes about 3 minutes to put together - my kind of card!!  The sentiment is fromFrom the Heart (page 99 - $35.95 clear; $48.95 wood).  It's the perfect size and font for this little beauty.  However!  I'm all about finding a set that can be used in it's entirety on one card ... ie you shouldn't HAVE to have more than one set to make a lovely card ... so I made the card again using the sentiments that come WITH Wetlands ... here they are:


Perfect! They all *just* fit and now I have cards for different occasions - all with the same layout and design - perfect!  Thanks to Jaydee for the card to CASE.  Remember Gals - there is no shame in copying work from another crafter!  Why reinvent the wheel?  A great card is a great card .... AND ... it's a COMPLIMENT to the designer!  ... Just make sure you give credit where credit is due :)

That's all for today.  Pop in again soon to see another birthday card that I designed for the Stamp-a-Stack ... but didn't quite make the cut.  Until then, have a stampy day!


Tam



2 comments:

  1. Tam, that extra sprig of grass was genius, So glad you were inspired, thank you so much for taking my card and improving it. Hugs jaydeestamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for sharing your fabulous creation! I have to admit lately I have REALLY been relying on Pinterest and others' works for inspiration … and CASEing! Thanks for checking it out :)

      Delete