Saturday, January 25, 2014

So Very Grateful ... Takes II and III

Happy Saturday!

Phew!  Am I BEAT!!!  Last night was SUCH a great night.  It is my favorite event of the year.  I get to show off all my new toys and treat my friends to laugh, food and drink (and door prizes and stamping!!) as my small way of saying Thank You for supporting me and my business.  When I first started Stampin' Up! I heard over and over from other demonstrators that the best part of being part of SU was the friendships they had formed through SU.  Blech - gag me, right?  Ya ... that's what I thought too - I'd roll my eyes and think *ya - right - totally cheesy*.  Well .... fast forward 8 years and yep ... if you asked me what the best part of being a SU demonstrator I would hands down have to say the friendships I've formed through this craft and *job*.  I KNOW!  TOTALLY cheesy ... but totally true.  I mean really.  It's not like I'm making my millions doing this ... but I DO get to stay home to be able to take care of my family when they are sick, go on field trips, *work* in my pajamas most of the time, earn some income to take the family on a holiday once a year and best of all I have made some really awesome, very VERY dear friends ove the last 8 years and that really IS the best part of it all.  I had an awesome time last night ladies.  I hope you did too.  Thank you THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your support and your friendship.  You guys mean the world to me :)

Ok STOP it! ... enough blubbering already!  On with a card!  Today I'm sharing two cards ... I'm not sure I love either of them as they stand ... I think they need a *little* re-working ... but I didn't have the luxury of time last week so I'll share what I made for the display board and *tweak* it later ...

Hmmm ... I started out really liking the black and white one.  Hard to see but there are 3 rhinestones in the centre of the flowers ... and a row of them under the sentiment.  The image is from So Very Grateful - the sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts - both stamped in black Staz-on.  I thought I'd make it again with coloring ... and now I'm not sure what I think of either of them.  I think the black one looks unfinished.  The colored one ... hmmm ... I think a 5th Whisteria Wonder flower is in order ... and I think the flowers have to be stamped before being punched.  Not sure ... gunna play some more ... one day ... not today.  Today I think we're heading out to the Ice on Whyte Festival in town for some family fun.

Pop in again to see a card that has everything but the kitchen sink on it - I had a BALL making THAT one!!  Until then - I love you guys.  Have a stampy day XOXO


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment