Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pretty Peacock

Happy Sunday!!!

MAN do I spend a lot of time on my laptop!!!  I had the WORST sleep last night (thanks to the critters waking me 4 TIMES!!!!) so at 5:55 am I decided to abort the dream of sleeping in, come down and catch up on the girls' diaries and blogging.  Ya.  It is now 8:10 am … I haven't updated the diaries and am just STARTING the blogging!!!  There is SO much involved in blogging!  You have to take the pictures … load them to your computer … adjust the size of each picture … add a watermark …

THEN I can add them to my blog … and my Stampin' Up! demo site … and Pinterest … and THEN I can start writing the post.  That's why I go in spurts … I tend to do batches every Saturday or Sunday morning while everyone else is sleeping.  Not much else to do that is so quiet!

I realize I haven't posted since Monday.  It's been a bit of a hectic week with 3 stamping classes and a Junior High Open House to attend! But have not fear!  I have 12 posts in the works!!!!  I needed some time in my "Craft Cave" Wednesday night and cracked off 5 or 6 cards in a few hours so keep pippin back to check them out!

I just HAD to share this one first - it's my FAVE!  Check it out!!!
Oh.  The picture just doesn't do it justice to the "live" version.  It is SO striking "live"!  The colours just EXPLODE in neon fabulousness!!!  It looks like it took forever to create but it really didn't.  In fact, it took less time time than most of my cards simply because the layout took all of 10 seconds to come up with!  The colouring took maybe 10 minutes - and that was only because I was experimenting and Googleing pictures of peacocks!

I stamped the peacock image and sentiment (from Work of Art) on our regular Basic Black card stock in versa mark and then heat set Winter White embossing powder.  I grabbed all of my Blendabilities and started colouring.  I did the tail first, using the darkest Night of Navy for the centre of each feather … then used the medium and lighter ones for the rest of the feathers.  After that I used the lightest Old Olive to add some green "here and there".  It didn't matter that all of the embossing powder was already blue - the green wiped it away and made it green!  Experiment!  The effect is amazing!  I used my Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder and Calypso Coral Belndabilities for the rest of "her".  I finished it off with the Vintage Faceted Button … that was clear but I coloured with Melon Mambo and added some cotton twine to it (LOVE that twine - SO soft!!!!).  I attached the button with 2 glue dots and mounted the sole thing on a Whisper White base.  Wa-low!  A FABULOUS card for lots of occasions!

OK - my fingers are already sore from typing and I still have lots to get on with so I'll leave it there for now.  Pop in again soon - until then - have a stampy Sunday!!!


Tam

1 comment: