Sunday, April 19, 2015

Bloom with Hope

Happy Sunday!

What a fabulous weekend I'm having so far … and I still have 1/3 of it to go!  Friday was a quiet, early night hanging with my girls as Craig went out with friends.  A quiet night getting caught up on some paperwork and an upcoming Mother's Day project at the school (stamping with 50 Grade 6'ers!!!)

Yesterday was slow and steady getting kids ready for birthday parties and sleepovers.  A quick trip to the pet-store to get Chip and Dale a new gerbil wheel (one that is MUCH quieter than their old one … probably helps that they haven't figured out how to USE it yet *lol*) and my very first trip to Urban Scrapbook here in Edmonton.  THAT was fun!  My friend and fellow Project Life-lover Holly told me they had Disney embellishments and pocket page "things" so I had to go.  She also clued me in to some Becky Higgins/Project Life pocket pages that are LARGER than 12" x 12" but fold up to BE 12" x 12".  Of course I had to pick me up some of THOSE bad boys *lol*

Once the girls were gone I got ready for my belated-anniversary dinner.  We went to a place off Lessard Road called Vivo.  Oh.  Em.  Gee.  Honestly I think it was THE best meal I have ever eaten - and I have had some pretty yummy dishes whilst in Europe!  This one was amazing because every course was amazing - not just one.  The warm.grilled Ceasar salad was simply orgasmic!  The beef tenderloin was done perfectly and you just needed a butter knife to cut it.  There was a "jam" and marscapone served with it - and tri-colored potatoes.  The DESSERT - OH!  It was a "honeycomb custard" that had Craig thinking it was his favourite part of the meal - and he isn't a fan of custard!  Seriously.  If you want an amazing meal out go there!  It is best in a group of 4 or more (I think we were the only table-for-two in the place!) as the portions (and prices) are meant for sharing and for 3-6 people.  Each course is served on a platter and you just dig in.  Holy Cow.  Can't wait for breakfast so I can have the leftovers.  

Before bed I did a little crafting.  I'm making birthday invitations for a friend's baby girl who is turning 1 next month.  Stay tuned for that share in coming days :)

Today I'll walk the dog, pick up the girls and then head out with Rebecca for our "Special Day Out" - our annual tradition of shopping and lunch for her upcoming birthday.  When she was about 5 years old she told me she wants to be a princess when she grew up.  I asked why.  She said so she could wear pretty dresses and feel beautiful.  Right then and there our tradition was born.  EVERY girls/woman should feel beautiful and wear pretty dresses - so every year the birthday-girl and I go out and buy an outfit that makes them feel beautiful.    

Right!  So let's get on with this day … right after I share a quick project we made last weekend at Tamye's "Diva Day".  This will be one of our project for our next class ...
So lovely …. and so quick and easy!  The ink colours are sponged with Wild Wasabi and Bermuda Bay inks.  The stamp set is one of the Hostess Sets in the main catalogue - Bloom with Hope.  Stamped in Staz-on Ink it makes a simple Sympathy Card.  I don't like Sympathy cards that are too busy or "blinged-up" - just a little texture on this one by stamping the largest flower on scrap card stock, sponging it and cutting it out (yes, with scissors, not a framelit!) and adding a few simple pearls.  I love the colour scheme!  Thanks Tamye for a great morning of stamping!

That's it for today - I'm off.  Pop in again soon for more projects -  have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment