Sunday, April 26, 2015

Just Kidding Birthday Fun

Happy Sunday!

Yes, I've been MIA since Tuesday's post.  Sorry 'bout that!  It occurred to me around Wednesday that I only have Wednesday and Thursday to prep for my upcoming "Crafting with 50, yes 50, Grade 6 students on Tuesday" gig.  Ack!  I realized I was busy from the crack of stupid-o-clock Friday morning right through until about 10:00 pm … and then I would be busy all day Saturday with Rebecca's birthday party … a 24 hour deal ending at noon Sunday … and then I would likely be RECOVERING from said party for the rest of Sunday … so despite the weather being be-YOUtiful I was holed up in he basement cutting paper.

Friday was as busy as I had expected … but WAY more draining than anticipated!  I helped out at an all-day field trip with Alicia's class.  Oh.  Em.  Gee.  I seriously wanted to come home, hide in a dark, QUIET closet, curl up into the fetal position and suck my thumb!  It was mentally exhausting!  Alas … I had more to do.  I didn't end up having to day-home, as scheduled but I took that opportunity to set up for Rebecca's party!  We had 12 different Minute to Win It games planned, snacks etc etc etc - bathrooms to clean, bonus room to sort etc etc etc … oh ya - dinner … threw some nutritiously-void food in front of the kids and then it was off to set up for Craft Night!  Luckily Craft Night doesn't require much more than opening up a few tables so that was fairly quick and easy and a few hours crafting with friends (both new and old) DID help me relax a bit.  I was hoping to turn in early-ish after my 17 hour day alas Alicia lost a tooth so I stayed up later waiting for the Tooth Fairy to arrive.  (Anyone ever notice that teeth seem to fall out on the days when mom is ready for bed at 6:25 pm???  Last year Rebecca lost a tooth on Christmas DAY! … the day every mom is "done"by noon and ready for a 4 day "nap"! … but I digress!)

So!  THAT is why I have been MIA.  Today I HAVE been recovering from the party.  It was fun but, as always, exhausting.  5 1/2 at West Edmonton Mall Galaxyland followed by too much sugar, too little sleep (3 of them were still squealing at 3:45 am!!!) took its toll on THIS Mama!  Now I'm just counting down the minutes until bed time (yes, it's only 4:31 pm lol) and though I'd share my card that I was GOING to use for class last month … before I was talked into doing the magic slider card.  Ready?  Here she is:
Virtually identical to the Magic Slider Version but instead of the window/slider aspect to it I punched out a 2 1/2" circle, stamped and coloured the image and popped it up on the DSP base.  For the details on colours, DSP etc see my last post on the Magic Slider Tutorial - I don't have it in me to repeat it today *lol*

So!  THat's it for today.  I'm hoping you had a relaxing weekend full of laughs.  Pop in again.  Until then, have a stampy Sunday!


Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment