Monday, April 20, 2015

"Just Kidding" Magic Slider Card

Happy Monday!!

I've said it before, I'll say it again … Monday is SO my favourite day of the week!  I know, it's not normal but for THIS work-at-home-mom Monday is the equivalent to the working girl's Friday!  The weekends can be crazy busy - even if it's "fun" busy.  Monday is my "day of rest".  Nothing but putting the house back in order, sorting the bills, planning the week, walking the dog … all in the peace and quite of an empty house :)  Today was BEE-UTIFUL 19 degrees and I ended up walking the dog twice; once in the morning and then again to pick the kids up from school.  Glorious!  I'm now home recovering from all that exercise and decided it is the perfect time to post a FABULOUS project - m Magic Slider card!  

As a little intro … I've WANTED to make one of these cards for 9 years now.  Yes - 9 YEARS.  They always looked so cool … but they scared the pants off me because they looked like SO much WORK! Well - a few weeks ago I saw a card and YouTube video on the Stampin' Up Demo only website made by Karen at TuppenceColoured.co.uk (check it out here).  Karen made it look pretty easy … so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Ya.  Love the end result but I'm not gunna lie.  It took me about 7 HOURS to come up with it *lol*.  Ready?  OK - here it is ...

Closed ...

Slide it open … oh look, she's coloured ...

.. whaaaaaaat???   How'd THAT happen??
 Want to know how to make one?  Well you're going to have to learn a) by watching Karen's video and b) by following my picture tutorial because I can promise you this … I'm NEVER doing it for a class again! *lol*  Love the card but Holy COW m head almost exploded coming up with this bad-boy!

I have 30 pictures loaded in a post that I hope to have ready for tomorrow … so you're just gunna have to wait!  (I know, I'm a tease!)  In the meantime I WILL share with you the dimensions of all the pieces needed and the written instructions my class attendees received on their "recipe" card so they could make more at home.  Truth be told the card really isn't difficult once you wrap your head around the "hows" and "whys" of it … and once you have exact dimensions for the look you want.  So here it is … my Recipe Card for the Magic Slider...
The finished card one more time ... 
… and there you have it … at least for today.  I'm off to start dinner … pop in tomorrow for the full picture tutorial of how to make this little beauty!  

Until then - have a stampy day!


Tamara 

No comments:

Post a Comment