Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Balloon Celebration Dandelion Wishes

Happy Wednesday!

I SHOULD be working out … or tiding the breakfast dishes … but I'm procrastinating.  I don't wanna. I ALSO don't wanna go to the dentist at 11:00.  Not even a little bit.  Kinda hate the dentist.  Well - not the dentist himself - nice enough guy - but thanks to an evil orthodontist I had when I was 13 I have a dread of going.  Yup.  That man emotionally scarred me pretty badly.  When I was older, and moved out from home it was up to ME to make dentist appointments.  Didn't make one for 13 years.  No kidding.  I finally went but only because I was moving to England and figured I should.  No cavities!  I figured I did our health care system a favour my not going for those 13 years :)  I now try to go every 9 months … but have been putting it off this round.  As I said - kinda hate it ….

So help me procrastinate, ok?  Let's look at a FAB little card I made last week for my upcoming Stamp-a-Stack (still 3 spots left … just sayin' ….)
LOVE!  What I love SOOO much about this card is the little dandelion seed.  It comes from the Birthday Celebration set.  No - it wasn't designed to be a dandelion seed - it was designed as an accent to a balloon … but it's perfect for a seed!  Check it out …

LOVE!

While I love the final product I came up with it literally took me HOURS to "get there".  Here are m rejects …

Square - with twine ...
… without twine ...
… and there were about 4 more varioustion - with doilies, with thread, with stars, different colours.  Seriously - I think I tried every possible permutation possible! In the end I settled on one I loved.


Details - the images are stamped in Archival Black - the splotches are from Gorgeous Grunge in Smoky Slate.  I used a metallic doily behind the popped up 2 1/2" sentiment, which is from the Lovely Amazing You set.  It's available, but not in the catalogue …
For the final touch I added a little Gold Wink of Stella to the seeds.  Just a little shimmer … and some rhinestones.  Gotta have rhinestones lol
My original inspiration for this card came from Heidi Baks over at
www. runningwithscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
Great card!

Ok - Guess I should get my hyney (??) in motion - quite literally.  Off I go to do some squats.  Ugh.

Have yourself a stampy day!


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment