Monday, June 6, 2016

Botanical Wishes

Happy Monday!

Another beautiful day in the neighbourhood!  Loving this weather!  Not-too-hot, not-too-cold!  Koda is needing a hair cut but doesn't go for another week so we have to go for our morning walks earlier in this weather.  Poor pooch gets too hot!  So let's get too it, shall we?

Last night I DID manage to spend an hour in my Craft Cave - just enough time to come up with my third card for class this week.  I TOYED with having everyone make one of the wee coffee cups I posted yesterday … but I'm making those for the June treats and it won't be much of a treat if they already HAVE one ... so thought I'd make a card using the Botanical framelits instead.  This is what I came up with …
I love the soft look of it!  I'm really into clean, simple cards this month, no?

I used Mint Macaron ink.  Both the mint layer and the Whisper White layer are cut 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".

I stamped the flourish from the (awesome) set Timeless Textures (it was in the Occasions catty but made it into the Annual catty - yay!)

It took me 5 tries to get the flourishes the way I wanted them.  For the "Finally!" version I "stamped off" before stamping on the card stock to soften the colour just a little more.  I stamped it three times in different orientations.

The sentiment is from another "must have" set - Rose Wonder.  I just LOVE the phrases and font in this very versatile set.
Once the flourishes were in place I punched out a Whisper White flower with the Botanical Blooms framelits - with a Crushed Curry centre.  In the centre of THAT I used a White Perfect Accent …

I wrapped some gold thread around three fingers (4) times and taped it to the card before popping the flower up on a dimensional.  I added three more accents to finish it off.  Clean, simple, soft, elegant.  Love it!

That's it for today - Doodles is waiting.  Have yourself a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment