Monday, July 18, 2016

Gift of Love Z-Fold Card

Happy Monday!

Today will be a fun day all around :)  Craig is on Week #2 of holidays and is taking the girls (and a friend each) to West Edmonton Mall Waterpark.  I won't be going.  I think I was a cat in a previous life and am NOT a fan of water … nor watersides … so I will be picking up my mother and heading to Ikea and "South Edmonton Common" for a lovely day of light shopping and a wee spot of lunch.  Yes - everyone will have a great time (well … Craig won't but he's willing to take the hit for the home team *lol*)

As promised, I have a project to share - woo hoo!  This one took me a few hours - not because it is complicated or labour intensive but simply because I spent hours and hours just "playing" - trying different layouts, different colours, different embellishments.  Here's what I came up with …


Love!  I made what we in the card-making world call a Z-fold card.  It is the same size as a standard card (8 1/2" x 4 1/4").  What makes it a "Z-fold" is once you fold the card in half (as usual), you then fold the front piece back on itself, making the front 5 1/2" x 2 1/8".

The front 2 1/2" x 5" piece came together in the first 3 minutes of making the card.  It's exactly what I had in mind (it's the other elements that took 1 our and 57 minutes to decide on!).

I used the oh-so-pretty Hostess Set "Gift of Love" …
I started by stamping the sentiment in Smoky Slate four times (make sure you use a pierce mat for non-blurry stamping!).

I then stamped the main flower image using Basic Grey.  The green is Pear Pizzazz and the pink is Flirty Flamingo.  For both of these colours I "stamped off" on scrap paper before stamping on my card so the colours were less intense.  I then coloured the flower with my clear Wink of Stella (what a surprise!) and added a single White enamel dot to one of the flowers.

I then punched out the Pear Pizzazz embellishment that goes behind the flower layer using the Flourish Thinlits …
Using the Big Shot Die Brush after punching it out removed 100% of the little pieces - I didn't have to use my "pokey tool" at all - LOVE that thing!  Best $13.50 I've spent in a LONG time (and I highly recommend it to anyone who uses thinlits!)
I glued the piece down with my fine tip glue pen then attached the flower layer with dimensionals.

For the inside I cut a Pear Pizzazz pice measuring  2 3/4" x 5 1/2" and a whisper white layer of 2 1/2" x 5".  I stamped the sentiment in Basic Grey and added a Smoky Slate flower that had been stamped off twice for just a "hint" of the image.  When I attached the inside piece I needed to be very precise in it's placement so that, when it's closed, the green mat actually layers the front piece … like this …
I really, really, REALLY like how it turned out.  I'm pretty sure I'll be playing with this set again soon. It's a keeper!

That's it for now - off I go to get ready for shopping.  Whatever you get up to today I hope you have a stampy time! xoxo


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment