Friday, November 11, 2016

Snappy Birthday!

Happy Friday!

… would be a little happier if I wasn't up at the crack of stupid-o-clock this morning.  Ugh!  Woke around 4:30 am (I KNEW I shouldn't have had that cup of tea at 8:00 pm!!) then wondered "did Craig put the soup in the fridge?"  at 6:00 am I couldn't take it anymore - I had to check *lol*.  Yes, he had.  Good thing - the soup was freaking delicious!  (I'll share the link at the end of the post - seriously yummy!)

So last week I was in the mood to craft … but needed a change from Christmas ANYTHING!  Just wanted to create.  Scanned my stamp collection and spotted one that had yet to be inked up.  GASP!  Unacceptable! … so out came the Hostess Set "Pun Intended".  Check out the cards I made with it ...

Fun!!!  The second one is kind of "meh" but I LOVE the first one!  It came together so quickly! 

 I stamped and cut out the camera from Pun Intended (I used Basic Grey ink and cut it out with my paper snips "old school")…


It's a Celebration and Calling all Heroes were used for the flashes (stamped in Crushed Curry)…

I then used my Basic Grey maker to ink up just the "Snappy" and stamped inside the flash images.

I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to bling the inside of the flashes … and added rhinestones to the smaller flashes.

I attached the top layer (4 3/4" x 3 1/2") to a Basic Grey layer (5" x 3 3/4") and popped the grey up on dimensionals.


For the second card I used the starburst from Kinda Eclectic.  

The card is ok - doesn't blow my hair back but it was fun to play and make a super quick card.  Might be a good one for a fella - nothing too fancy or busy.  I think it would be "Craig approved".

That's it for now - think I'll head to The Cave and see if I can make my last Stamp-a-Stack card for next weekend while everyone is still sleeping and before we head out to the Remembrance Day ceremony.  I just got my Stiched Shapes framelits and have a few ideas brewing.

Oh!  Before I got, here is that soup recipe I made last night.  It was a hit all the way around.  It goes in the "Keeper Pile"! (I just made it on the stove top, not the slow cooker)
Have yourself a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment