Over the last week I managed to get the house back in order, the fridge full of healthy food (when the kids ask "can you buy some FRUIT??" you know things have slipped a little *lol*) a few "must do" items off my list and LOTS of sleep. Question: at what point does a "nap" qualify as a "sleep"? I'm thinking passing out for 2+ hours qualifies as more of a sleep than a nap … and that happened more than once this week. Thinking I MAY have been a little sleep deprived lately!
ANYway ….. I digress … (part of my charm, right?)
Sunday - the day when I'm up by 7:00 am and can get a few blog posts done whilst the "slug people" dream away until noon …
Today I'm sharing all my Dragonfly Dream Swaps from the conference. I knew this set was a "keeper" when I first saw it in the catalogue. I love it more than I thought I would. It really is a fanTASTIC set for most occasions! Birthday, Sympathy, Thank You, Congratulations, Just Because … even masculine cards can be made with this baby. The set and the framelits can be purchased separately or bundled, saving you 10%. What's even BETTER is that the bundled price is $60.25 …. which qualifies you for a FREE Sale-a-bration item as well, if you buy it before March 31!
Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit Dies - $41.00
here. If your order is less than $200 please apply Hostess Code ZVJDZKFA at the checkout and I will send you a gift in the mail!
- Whisper White card base - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- Pool Party layer - 5" x 3 3/4"
- Basic Black layer - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- Emboss the sentient and splotches in white embossing powder (I used the splotches from Swirly Bird)
- Cut the largest dragonfly out of whisper white card stock and then, using a finger dauber (or sponge), add Bermuda Bay ink
- Attach a small piece of Tear & Tape to the body of the dragonfly
- wrap/loop Silver Thread around your fingers (three fingers, closed) four times to make a lasso of silver thread.
- attach silver thread to Tear & Tape on the dragonfly
- "seal" the three to the dragonfly with another piece of Tear & Tape
- Attach the dragonfly to the black card layer (I just removed the top layer of the Tear & Tape so the wings are still loose)
- Attach a White Perfect Accent
- Pop up the Pool Party base on dimensionals
Before sharing the other samples in the swap I wanted to show you the great little "Set Sampler" booklets we all got with our swaps. All the swaps I got for the Dragonfly Dreams set are in this adorable little booklet. Seriously - these are the "little things" that made the conference so great. So much time, thought and preparation went into everything. Wow.
Here are the swaps from the other demonstrators in my swap group …
Made by Laurie LaRose ...
Pop in again tomorrow. I'll be sharing swaps from another great, but often overlooked, set - "Remarkable You". Until then, thanks for popping in. Have a stampy Sunday!