This batch used an often over-looked set, Remarkable You. It IS one of the more expensive sets available, at $44.00 for the clear set and $59.00 for the wood, but it is an investment I think is justified. This set is great for most occasions and can be mixed with other sets if you want different sentiments. I have mine in wood - I find for the larger images wood sets are the way to go for cleaner stamped images.
You can get this set for FREE when you purchase the "Starter Kit". You get to totally customize what you get in your kit. You pick $165 worth of ANY product you want (it can be all inks, stamp sets, punches … ANYTHING), you only pay a FLAT $135 (no added s/h/gst) AND, during the promotion, you get to pick ANY two stamp sets … ANY value … for FREE! Who doesn't want a $59 stamp set for free? To get in on the deal you go here, click on "Join the Fun" and then on "Join Now". The system walks you through fairly easily. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch!
OK … on to those swaps!
This is the card I made ...
For the swap card I wanted to use the new Watercolor Pencils …and that's what I did.
Basic Black layer - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
SHIMMER White card stock layer - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
- Stamp the image and sentiment in Staz-on ink (so it doesn't bleed) on SHIMMER WHITE card stock. I sued the shimmer paper as it is somewhere between the Whisper White card stock and the Watercolor Paper with respect to being "water friendly". The water-colour paper was too beige for my liking … and the Whisper White gets too soggy. The shimmer white allows you to move the colour around a little easier and you don't run the risk of rubbing a hole in it quite as easily as with the regular card stock.
- Scribble around the flowers lightly with the grey watercolor pencil
- colour the stamen of the flower with the yellow watercolor pencil
- attach 3 White Perfect Accents
- pop up black layer on dimensionals
White Perfect Accents - $6.75 ...
For every $60 you spend you can pick a SAB item for FREE! My next order goes in around Feb 14th. Canadian customers can email me your orders before then or you can order directly through my on-line store here to have your items delivered directly to your door. If your order is under $200 and you enter the Hostess Code ZVJDZKFA at the checkout I will mail you a gift to say Thank You :)
Here are 8 other cards made by top Canadian Demonstrators using this awesome set …
Made by Kim at www.riverfrontstampin.com ...
Pop in again soon. I have more swaps to share using the Lovely as a Tree set. Until then, have a stampy day!