My usual Saturday morning - I'm up while My People are all snoozing away. I'm drinking coffee, they're dreaming. I'm petting my Doodle Dog, they're chasing some much needed sleep. Just the way I like it :)
Scrolling though my stash of projects I still have to share and realize I still have a few to go … and wishing I'd made a few more notes on dimensions, who I cased and what colours I used. Oh sure, I COULD go a lllllll the way downstairs to get the card and a ruler but that's FAR too difficult at this point in the day *lol*. I'll do my best to get it right!
Here is a card I absolutely LOVE ...
I CASEd the concept from fellow demonstrator Linda Geater atwww.paperscissorsink.com.
I absolutely ADORED the idea of pairing the Mediterranean Moments set with the Beautiful You set. Inspired!
Mediterranean Moments - $34 wood; $25 clear
Beautiful You - $48.00 wood - $34.50 clear
- Whisper White Base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Basic Black layer 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- Whisper White top layer 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
- Ink the lady in Staz-on black ink and stamp her
- Stamp her again on a scrap piece of paper or post it note and cut her out "old school" (i.e. with your paper snips!)
- Place the out on top of the image on your layer
- Ink the scenery stamp with Smoky Slate ink (or Basic Gray - I like it lighter so she really pops)
- Stamp the scenery overtop of the lady
- Color the lady with the marker colour of your choice. I love the red … but I also love her in Bermuda Bay and Yo Yo Yellow. Remember that colour?? A FAB bright yellow and looks great on this card!
- I coloured the umbrella, her belt and shoes in Wink of Stella clear
- Stamp the sentiment on scrap whisper white, using Staz-on ink and punch out with your 2" circle punch.
- Pop sentiment up on dimensionals and add rhinestones for a little bling
Love love LOVE! There are SO many possibilities - it's a quick and easy card! Neither one of these sets was "my style" and I really was in no rush to buy them. I knew the Beautiful You set would be one of those "glad I bought it" sets … and it sure is! What thrills me the most is now that I've had some time to play with both sets … and TOGETHER … I love them both! Pop in again soon to see what else I did with them. Until then … have a stampy Saturday!