Saturday, February 11, 2017

Mediterranean Watercolor

Happy Saturday!

Lots to do today.  Putting the finishing touches on my stamping club, clean up from class last night and prep for my Stamp-a-Stack tomorrow morning.  All fun stuff!

Today I want to share the "technique" card we made last night.  This year I'm doing a "one set three ways" theme to my classes to show you how versatile a given set can be.  This month I chose to use the Mediterranean Moments set.  Why?  when I first saw it I didn't like it.  Nevertheless I bought it (I really do think I have an addiction to owning EVERY item SU releases *lol*) and, once I started playing with it I realized I DO like it.  That made it the PERFECT set to spotlight to show how great it can be!

"Life happened" to a lot of my regular stampers this week resulting in a small class last night.  Perfect opportunity to try Facebook Live for the first time.  It's not a polished demo, as usual, it's authentically Tamara *lol*.  First up the card ...
I don't play with water-colour nearly enough.  Must rectify that!  This turned out so pretty!

Heres the stamp set … Wood $34, Clear $25
I also used (for the sentiment) Timeless Love ($30 wood, $22 clear)


  • Very Vanilla base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
  • Watercolour Paper top layer 3" x 4 1/4" 
  • Black layer 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
  • Stamp your image with Black Staz-on (so it doesn't bleed!) on the water-colour paper.
  • Once image is dry, spritz some water on the paper.  Watercolor the page using your aqua painter, reinkers and water.  I used Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo.
  • Use your heat gun to dry the layer and attaching to the card.
  • Decorate as desired
It's easier to see what I mean than to type it so … watch my video of the technique.  It's ALMOST like being here *lol*.  Click here to see it!


I kinda LIKE this new video feature.  Think I'll do more in the future!  Be sure to head over to my business Facebook page "Tamara's Paper Trail" and "like" it.  You don't wanna miss out on my crazy, now do you??  (Oh - note to self - next time try to remember to post it on you BUSINESS page and not your personal page!  Doh!)

Gotta run.  Koda wants a walk and I need to get on with prepping for tomorrows SAS!  Enjoy a stampy day!


Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment