Monday, March 6, 2017

Love & Affection … and Inside the Lines DSP

Happy Monday!

Today's entertainment involves sitting at home waiting for the Sears Appliance Repair Man to come and (hopefully) repair our broken freezer.  Oh yes, good times.  Looking forward to cooking a healthier meal tonight for the family.  Jalapeño Poppers *may* have been on the breakfast menu over the weekend *lol*.  On the bright side I'm forced to stay home … alone … in the peace and quiet with just Charlie and Koda.  Beastie is gone and my blood pressure should be back to normal today.  Ahhhhh …. back to normal ….

Today I'm sharing a card that certainly isn't my "norm".  I threw out a design challenge to my team at our last Breakfast Stamping event (which is exclusive to the VERY smart ladies who buy the Starter Kit from me … just sayin' ….).  I gave everyone a piece of  Dapper Denim card stock, Inside the Lines DSP, a Stitched Oval and a piece of Dapper Denim Ribbon.  They need to create a project using those pieces.  They can alter (i.e. cut) them any way they like but they have to use the pieces given.  I couldn't just hand out a challenge and not play along, right?  Here is what I came up with …
Gotta admit - kinda like it!  It did take me quite a while to design but the process was fun!  It pushed me outside my comfort zone, which can be a good thing!

I used the "Love and Affection" stamp set.  I loved this one and bought it right away when the catalogue came out … but I have to admit … although I've played with it a few times I never came up with any "keepers" and it has just been sitting on the shelf for a few months.  It really worked well on this card, I think.  This is the set … it's $20
I used a second set that, again, I bought but haven't USED … called Mixed Borders  ($26) …
I used the border piece, bent it to the curvature of the oval and stamped it in Dapper Denim Ink.  I stamped the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz ink.  I used what I THOUGHT was a current embossing folder (one of the rules of the challenge is to only use current product) - but I see it is retired!  Ack!  Rule breaker!  Oh well … the folder is/was the Pretty Paisleys embossing folder (from the 2016 Holiday Catalogue - I can't believe it retired!!)

It's a pretty straight forward card.  The Inside the Lines DSP is 1 1/2" x 5" … the Dapper Denim behind it is 1 3/4" x 4 3/4" and the oval is popped up on dimensionals.  Two rhinestones and the piece of ribbon finish it off.  No, not my norm but it was fun to play and move outside my comfort zone.

That's it for now - pop in again after noon to see today's video.  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment