Sunday, June 25, 2017

Ribbon and Bath Salt and Bingo, Oh My!

Happy Sunday!

I'm up bright and early and just about ready to head out of my walk with Doodle Dog before it gets too hot.  Going to be a lovely, 27 degrees Sunday- woo hoo!

It's been a crazy busy week that has had my multitasking skills stretched to the max!  No one thing, just lots and lots of little, time-consuming fun.

I got all of my ribbon in for my ribbon shares.  First cutting ...
.. then sorting ... then wrapping.
 Next up is packaging and labelling, finishing with mailing and pick up!

Oh ... I have another Ribbon Share being ordered today ... Canadians who would like in on it drop me a message!  $65 for a whole SWACK o' ribbon!

Rebecca had a fun week as they celebrated the end of the year with some fun activities and and award ceremony.  She won an award for the top achievement in her grade for Construction.  She (and her wood-working Papa) were over the moon!
I spent the better part of Tuesday night making bath salt gifts.  How cute are THESE?
I have a case of the great little jars I swiped from my Dad's stash.  The hold the perfect amount of sweets ... or salts ... for gift giving.  For the bath salts I used:
1/4 c epsom salt
1.5 tablespoons baking soda
2 drops essential oil (I used a floral scent but any would work)

I decorated the jar with some Lemon Lime twist DSP (from theEastern Palace DSP), a punched out label from the Label Me Pretty Bundle (stamped in Berry Burst ink) and a sentiment from the Eastern Beauty stamp set.  ***  Using Fast Fuse tape or Tear and Tape is a MUST for this project.  Even though I "curled" the card stock with my bone folder snail just doesn't hold more than 24 hours!

I finished it off with a rhinestone and some bakers twine.

I had a boo boo this week ... caught my nail on Koda's leesh and bent it backwards half way down my pinky.  Youch!  Couldn't type with it for 2 days!
Had another epic Bingo Night Friday ... but I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures!

I DID take pictures of the quick and easy projects we made though ...

I'm tellin' ya - our Notecard and Envelopes are the BOMB for quick and easy cards!  I was designing these at 1:00 pm the day of the bingo (bingo was at 6:30!)  LOVE them!

It was a fun, albeit busy, week ... and it will be even busier THIS week with Rebecca writing all her exams (and coming home at 11:00 each day) and Alicia having non stop activities .. games day, field trip, Grade 6 Farewell, lunch out with friends and last day party.  I still have teacher gifts to complete and package up, memory books to have signed, cards to make and write, "grad" presents to package up ... and a Doodle to walk so I better get on with it!

Whatever you get up to this week, have a stampy one!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Ok...this is too funny...we call our fur baby Doodle Dog too....her name is Dixie but most often she gets Doodle Dog....funny!

    Sweet cards!!!....thanks for sharing.

    Inky hugs from your Stampin' Up! sister in Winnipeg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee - it just rolls off the tongue so easily, doesn't it?? We have about 10 different names for Koda. Doodle Dog, Doodles, Doofus (lol) Dude ... and on and on. They are SUCH a great breed of dog, aren't they? Speaking of ... guess I should go walk the big lug.
      Thanks for the smile Sister! Have a stampy day :)

      Delete