Thursday, July 13, 2017

Big on Birthdays ... especially mine!

Happy Thursday!

So much to share!  I just can't keep up with it all!

I've had a VERY busy week!  Before I start rambling, though, I'll show you a "re-do" of a notecard I shared with you a little while back.  These are the notecards ...
... and these are the standard size cards ...
I just LOVE how the Big on Birthday sentiment lets you create a great card in mere minutes!  I seriously cracked off 20 of these little cuties in record time!!  You can check out my original post on the notecards here

Now!  A few fun photos from what I got up to this weekend.

Saturday was my birthday.  Yup.  It was a big one.  The big 5-0.  Yup ... it was an AWESOME day all around.  It could NOT have started off any better, either.  The family and I had a lot planned for the day so I was up and walking Koda early.  About 5 minutes into our stroll we came upon Mamma duck and her two babies.
Mama was VERY upset and I immediately know why.  We had seen her the day before ... but she had SEVEN babies with her yesterday.  She was quacking up a STROM ... whilst circling the storm drain.  Yup . FIVE of the wee ones had fallen through the slats of the cover, they are that tiny!

Koda was having a FIT!  Three things will have him turning himself inside out.  Rabbits.  Squirrels.  Ducks.  He was DYING to chase Mamma ... but she wasn't having any of THAT!  She was gunna protect those two babies of hers and she started attacking my 65 pound dog!  *lol*.  She won!  We backed away.

Long story short ... we had to summon the fire department ...
... It was hard to stick around and watch them work to rescue the little fur balls but SOMEBODY had to do it!
My phone battery was low (typical!) so I don't have many pics but I did get this one of "Harold", as I named him ...
... and then a lovely commemorative and obligatory pic for the Birthday Girl ...
Hmmm ... reminded me of a calendar picture I've seen before ...
Hee hee!

After all THAT excitement the four of us went bowling.  My Mom and Dad came too - Mom bowled, Dad watched.  It was seriously a good laugh as the alley owner wouldn't put the bumpers up for us because we were all over 10 years old!  By the 4th frame I think the highest score from all of us was 26.  It was pathetic!  Nonetheless we had a great time and the Birthday Girl actually won both games!  Must have been down to my lucky socks!) 
I had a surprise for my mom too ...
OK ... flowers WITHOUT the rubber boot.  I DIDN'T HAVE A VASE, OK??  *lol*.  It was quite funny.  Mom got to the bowling alley and we all said our hellos and then she asked where I got the flowers.  I handed them to her and  I said "Happy Birthing me day".  She said "I already SAID happy birthday - I asked who you got the flowers from".  I said "You - happy BIRTHING ME day".  Hee hee.  Mom isn't a flower kind of lady but she was really touched when I explained I thought SHE should get some recognition today too.  Yes, it's MY 50th birthday but it's a bit day for her too.  50 years ago she gave birth to her baby.  I'm her youngest.  50 years.  It's a bit of a big deal.

I highly recommend that when YOU turn 21, 30, 40, 50 ... any big birthday, if you are lucky enough to still have your mom this side of Heaven, that you send her flowers.  Trust me on this one. 


After bowling we went to visit some very dear family friends ... then off to the movies to see Despicable Me 3.  Ya ... I MAY have laughed so hard (and long) at one scene that Craig was shushing me and looking for a new seat to move to!  hee hee.  Of course a little photo fun was in order afterwards ...
We headed home after the movie for a few hours then it was off for dinner at my favorite restaurant.

I finished the day by watching about seven episodes of Coronation Street (I had 55 episodes I still needed to watch!!!!  I think I'm down to 29 now ....)

Yes, it was a perfect day filled with family and friends.  NO better way to celebrate the big milestone.
Pop in again soon - I have a few more projects to share.  Until then - have a stampy evening!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment