Monday, February 5, 2018

Magical Day Fun

Happy Monday!

Hope you had a fun weekend :) . Mine was relaxing as I finally got a long-overdue pedicure with my BFF!  A few chores, some grocery shopping and meal prep and a bit of crafting and BAM - weekend over.  I have a busy week ahead (3 classes and an all-day conference/class I'm teaching) so I'll be scheduling videos for you to watch.  Today, however, I'll share two adorable projects I made this weekend just to whet your appetite for a bundle you might not realize you need *lol*.  Check these out ...

Aren't they adorable???  That plump, sassy unicorn makes me giggle and the look on the wizard's face is priceless!  I dare you - Google "Magical Day Stampin' Up" and click on images.  So cute!

Yes, the bundle in question is called Magical Day.  It is $60.25 CDN (pre s/h/gst) and comes with the set and the framelits ...


 Of course you can buy them separately but you pay more that way.  Buy them together and you save 10%.  (Clear set $29, framelits $38).

There are other items in this "suite" that are a must-have, as they coordinate perfectly and make cards and scrap pages a breeze!  They are the Myths & Magic Designer Series Paper ($17), the Myths & Magic Washi Tape ($8.00) and the Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper ($20.50)


Zoom in on that designer paper.  It is SO fun!  The images are ADORABLE and the card stock is thick and glittery.  It hurts to cut into it but you must!  It's to awesome to hoard - it must be shared!

Right - so those are the products you need.  Back to the cards ...

Both cards were inspired by others (when I Googled the set for inspiration!) . The unicorn card was inspired by Katrina Duffell over at InkPaperGirl.  The wizard was inspired by Suzanne at SunnStampin.com.  As always, I start off copying an idea I found but it ends up morphing into something more personal.  Let's look the unicorn card first.

Standard card base in Whisper White
I stamped the sentiment in Berry Burst and then punched it out with the Starburst punch ($22.50).   I only recently bought that punch - I somehow missed that it was new in the 2017 catalogue!  You need this punch ... and the other new one, the 2/1/4 circle punch, which is what I used for the Lemon Lime Twist circle behind it.

I punched out the unicorn with the framelits and colored the mane with my Blends ... but to do it again I would just use my markers, as the stripes are so small you can't get much of a shading effect using the Blends.  Save the time and trouble and just use markers.

I ran a strip of scrap through the Big Shot using the Oh My Stars embossing folder.  The silver glittery-starry strip on top of it is the washi tape, as is the Dazzling Diamonds strip behind it.

I popped the circles up on dimensionals and used my fine tip glue pen to glue down the unicorn.    I added three sticky backed sequins for a little pop of color and fun to finish it off.

The wizard card took me considerably longer to pull together.  I think mainly because I was tired ... and I was just playing... enjoying the process.  As I said, I started with Suzanne's card for inspiration then started to play. 

The top whisper white piece is actually quite small - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Dapper Denim layer 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Pool Party layer is 5" x 3 3/4"

I started by stamping the sentiment on scrap paper.  To ink the image I stamped it in Pool Party and then took a finger dauber and added Dapper Denim to the stamp along the bottom to give it an ombre look.  I stamped it and cut out the word Magical" using the banner framelit that comes in the bundle.  ** . Note - at this point the "I hope your day is" isn't stamped (other than on the scrap ... that we won't be using)

Then I made the Wizard. I stamped him I Memento ink so I could use my Blends.  I cut him out using the framelits.  I used the Pool Party Blends for his clothes and the Ivory Blend for his hands and face.

Once he was done (I didn't tape him down yet) I stamped the stars (in Pool Party and Dapper Denim).  I then popped him up on dimensionals.

For the "Hope your day is" I used my Stamp-a-ma-gig and Dapper Denim ink to position it just so.

I added a bit of washi tape to go under the "Magical" and then popped the "Magical" up on dimensionals. 

I used my clear Wink of Stella to his beard and moustache and a few thinestones to the stars.

It was time consuming but I just love how he turned out.  SO cute!

I wanted to make more and more cards using this quite of products alas, I was tired and my back had had enough so I'll have to carry on another day.  I DO hope these products make it into the annual catalogue in June.  I want to play a LOT more with it but I have so many OTHER great new toys to play with I know it will have to wait a while.

So that's it for today - off to grab a shower and "officially" start my day (been up since 4:00 but that doesn't count! lol)

I hope you have a stampy day - pop in again this week to check out some videos of other new toys you need to see!  TTYS


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment