Saturday, August 25, 2018

Alpine Adventure Fun!

Happy Saturday!

Ready for the weekend?  I am!  the weather has turned from +32 last week to a chilly +6 degrees this morning ... and I kinda love it!  Yay for sweater weather and movie nights curled up on the couch ... and of course lots of CRAFTING!  Whoot!

I had a productive week last week, chipping away at LONG over due items ... like filling out a form that I have had in my email "in box" since NOVEMBER of 2017!!  How long did it take me to fill in the form?  All of 15 minutes! ... and 10 of that was figuring out what I needed to print to fill out!  Seriously!  All I needed was my name, address and signature.  MAN I am good at procrastinating!  *lol*.  A few more things on my "mega-to-do-list", including pitting 2.5 years worth of pictures in my album but hey ... no rush on THAT, right??  .. mind you, now that I think about it, that WAS one of my "I WILL do this over the summer" task.  Meh.  I still have a week left to do it! hee hee

So ... last night I got to spend a LOT of time in my cave.  I was playing with a new winter set, Alpine Adventure. It took me a while to get into the groove but I eventually got there and have fallen in love with the little sled!

My first attempt didn't blow my hair back.  It's ok but ...
 I DID also try it with a black mat around it ... meh.  Tried 1/8" red ribbon.  Nope.  It's OK ... just not the feel I was going for ... so I tried again.  This time I nailed it!
Card making is more complex for me that one might think.  All the pieces have to "make sense" to me.  The wood texture "goes" with the wood sled; the Pool Party snowflake"goes" with the Pool Party and Silver twine; the big rhinestones goes with the little rhinestones AND the silver in the twine; the plain scalloped circle compliments/offsets the "busy" woodgrain pattern.  I just love how it all ties together!  Any wonder it takes me 3 hours to make a "simple" card?  *lol*.

Today I will play with some more new products from the Holiday Catalogue - my Open House is Sept 7th, if you're in the Edmonton area and would like to pop over!  Other than that I will do a bit more paperwork, set dates for my fall schedule and MAYBE start getting those pictures in albums ... or MAYBE I'll take a nap instead *lol*.

Whatever YOU get up to today, I hope you have a stampy day xo


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Well Tamara - I think both cards are great! I totally understand the 3 hour window for finding the perfect mix for a card. It often takes me a full day and that's when I have pending workshops just ahead - lol! TFS.

    ReplyDelete