Saturday, August 18, 2018

Postcard Pal Fun!

Happy Saturday!

I'm so excited for the weekend!  I have not one but TWO out of town friends coming to visit me!!  It's going to be a crafty weekend for SURE! ... plus Craig is still on holidays and that means I don't have to make dinner ... again!  (When he's off he likes to cook - sa-weeeeeet!  That will make 4 weeks I haven't had to cook this summer!  THAT'S a vacation I can get down with!)

Today I'm sharing the cutest little card!  It's not what I consider to be my usual style but I love it!
The pelican makes me giggle!  He comes from the new Postcard Pals set ($27).  I know many people will shy away from this set thinking they have to spend too much time colouring but it seriously took a minute to colour this one.  The shading that is provided by the stamped image itself does all the hard work for you and make you look like a colouring master!  I posted a brief video last week on my Facebook page "Tamara's Paper Trail" showing just how quick it is.  Pop over and check it out!
I used my Crumb cake, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Pumpkin Pie Blend Markers

For the water I used a piece of Pool Party cardstock and ran it through the "Seaside" embossing folder.

The wood stump came from the Hedgehugs set - I just trimmed it to look like a straight column rather than a tree trunk.

I stamped a splatter from Artisan Textures in Daffodil Delight and then popped up the 2" circle punched sentiment up on dimensionals.

The final touch were little water drops that I had in my stash.  They are epoxy shapes from last year - can't recall the name but they came out with the rainbow set, I believe.

I should mention that no, I didn't fussy cut the pelican out.  I treated myself to a Brother Scan n' Cut machine for my birthday last month and it cut him (and 5 of his friends) out in about 1.5 minutes flat.  SUCH a fun machine!

That's it for today.  Off I go to watch yet ANOTHER video on how to use the Mailchimp (email) system.  Sigh. WHY does everything lately seem to have a 94 hour learning curve to it?? *lol*

Whatever you get up to this weekend I hope you have a stampy time!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment