Monday, December 24, 2018

Polar bear in a snow storm

Happy Monday!  Happy Christmas Eve!

Whaaaatttt?  I seriously can't even belIEVE it's Christmas Eve!!!  I'm still not sure what happened to the first 24 days of December!

Everyone ready for the Big Day?  I THINK I am but quite honestly I'm just taking things one hour at a time!  This week feels like I've been trudging through thick molasses!  I had a cold last week for 2 days (anyone who knows me knows I don't GET sick so that really just pissed me off!).  I was better ... but then Saturday apparently the cold decided it WASN'T done with me and opted to settle in my chest.  Argh!  You know what I'm talkin' about - feels like there is a vice on your lungs, you cough and try to clear your throat but it hasn't broken yet so you really just end up with a sore throat and annoying everyone around you by making disgusting grunting noises *lol*.  Today is no better but I DO have a bit more energy.  That's good because it's "go time" around here.  Christmas dinner for 20 at my SIL's and I'm on ham, veg, buns and condiments duty so I'm heading over shortly to help set up ... and of course stop at the grocery store AGAIN, then home to help the kids finish off their 9 gifts and cards for relatives, bake edible treats for uncle and grandpa, make dessert for Christmas dinner at mom's tomorrow and get the ham in the oven.  All mom's out there know EXACTLY how it goes.  NO time for being sick!  Gunna chug some drugs and get on with it!

I just HAD to pop in to post one card that I whipped up in a matter of minutes Saturday night.  As you can see from the above, I'm scrambling this year - Christmas cards haven't even been sent out!  For a gal who LOVES sending cards this is a bit of a big deal!  Oh sure, I have some cards left over from previous years but send out the same card two years in a row?  InconCEIVABLE!  I needed a super quick card STAT!  Now, any demonstrators who were at the Convention in Orlando in November will "get" this card.  Dale Hampshire had us all in stitches with his "Polar Bear in a Snow Storm" card .. which was simply a white card base folded in half.  It was noted that now we would all end up mailing out blank cards (NOT great for a business that sells ink and rubber stamps! *lol*).  I took his idea one small step further and came up with this little piece of brilliance!
Bahahahahahahahaha!  I love it!

I made this one out of our notecards and envelopes, which are 5" x 3 1/2".  I cut a layer of 4 3/4" x 3 1/4", stamped the face from "Foxy Friends" and popped it up on dimensionals.  I then just headed to my computer, printed off a sheet of sentiments, trimmed them, used my paper snips to flag-end them and popped those up on dimensionals too.  BAM!  CRAZY quick, easy key-UTE card that everyone will love.

I made a larger version to mail to Dale and Carrie at SU Calgary office.  Of course you can jazz this up by using the Softly Falling embossing folder and I saw fellow demonstrator Janice Thomson use the face from Cookie Cutter Christmas for the faces - there are LOTS of options you can use!  If I lived in Arizona or Nevada I'd use a Crumb cake piece and have it as a Camel in a Sandstorm *lol*

So there you have it!  If you need a few more cards for events this week try this one out - if you're anything like me you need the time you'll save for 1,000 other things you need to get done!

I'd like to wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas.  I hope you have family and friends to spend time with this week.  Enjoy!


xo
Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment