Sunday, February 24, 2019

Twist and Pop and 3-D Pop Up Cards

Happy Sunday!

MAN las week flew by!!  Having Monday off for "Family Day" here in Canada threw me RIGHT off!  That and taking a few evenings "off" working.  I am working REALLY hard at getting a better work/life balance this year.  It's NOT easy for me!  I think anyone who runs their own business will agree that the mind is ALWAYS working on things you "could" or "should" be doing.  I'm trying, though .. and I am getting better at it.  Wednesday night was dinner and a pedicure with my BFF and Thursday night was just chilling in front of the TV with Craig.  It's not often we are in the same room together at the same time, let alone BOTH sitting and watching TV!  I spent all day Friday prepping for my team "Stampin' Social " that was Saturday morning.  I LOVE having a house full of friends, food, laughing and stamping!  Thirteen of us crammed into my basement to make some, what I call, "over the top" cards.  The first one was a "Twist and Pop" card.  Yes, there are a LOT of layers and it took forEVER to cut them all ... but it was a labour of love and well worth the effort!  Check this out ...


SO fun to make and SUCH a "WOW!" for the recipient!   It really isn't THAT hard, once you "get it".  I have made about 8 of them now and it DOES get faster and easier mentally (although I must admit I did it wrong in my demonstration to my team yesterday!  I blame the back pills and not enough coffee *lol*).  This card really does need to be SEEN being made .. and then you need to try it.  Don't be scared - give it a go!

Here is my video.  Pop over to YouTube and subscribe to my channel so you can see past and future videos.  My channel is "Tamara's Paper Trail".
Let's check out the OTHER "over the top" project we made Saturday ...



This is a 3-D Pop Up card/box that my friend Diane Hutchinson over at "Crafts by the Bow" taught me how to make.  It's not hard by any means ... just lots of pieces and steps.  Here is the video I made on this one, again, find it over on my YouTube channel ...
That's it for today.  I need to go walk my little Doodle Bug and stretch my back!

I hope you found some inspiration today.  Have a stampy Sunday!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment