Sunday, May 12, 2019

Birthdays and Seminars and Classes, oh my!

Happy Mother's Day!

Have you missed me?  I know I've been MIA for a while now.  I'm still around, just heading into the final hill in the marathon that is the school year so I expect things will get crazier before they get easier!

I haven't been posting much at ALL lately, even on Facebook.  I haven't had a chance to play in my Craft Cave very much and I can really tell ... I'm getting cranky *lol* . I have BOXES of new product just waiting to see ink ... alas, my schedule just doesn't allow it quite yet.  What has been going on for the last few weeks?

Well ... let's see.  My last post was Easter.  Right after that was Rebecca's 16th birthday. That called for a super fun, over-the-top card.  This one actually came together QUITE quickly (once I found my measurement templates!).  I still have a few packs of the "Sweetest Things" DSP which made this card a breeze, design-wise!

Check out my post here for my video on how to make one!

Here is Rebecca (right) and Alicia on a lovely, sunny day.  They really are best friends (well ... MOST of the time!) .
May rolled around and things were moving fast!  May 2nd Alicia's school had their performance of "The Lion Kind Jr".  Alicia was the set designer and she knocked it out of the PARK!  She and her team did an AMAZING job on the set.I was SO proud of her!

The day after the play was Craig's birthday.  Check out the cards the girls made him ...

I can't believe Rebecca made this one!  She never comes to my classes and hasn't been taught any techniques so when I saw this one I was shocked.  She did a GREAT job of sponging!
Alicia made this one for him, using an old Paper Pumpkin kit I hadn't put together yet (shocking, I know *lol*)
 Unfortunate timing, but Craig's birthday was also the day I jumped on a plane and headed to Toronto for our first two "Finding Customers Seminars" being put on my the Canadian Demonstrator Council.  We have worked SO hard putting these seminars together.  Here is our mighty leader, Dale Hampshire, opening the morning session.
 Zahra Premji, Tina Zinck and I were the original "Team Content" gals ...
 ... Emilie Poncelet joined us a few weeks later, as out French speaking teammate.
Yes, "THE" Brian Pilling was in attendance.  What a great guy he is!  We were blessed to spend the day with him AND he went for dinner with us afterwards.  A GREAT evening!
 Rebecca Wheeler and Carrie Marcelin (Dale's AWESOME assistant!) are part of the council as well.
 The seminars went REALLY REALLY well!  WE were thrilled that our stories resonated with so many demonstrators.  This weekend the seminar took place in Montreal and in two weeks the last one out east will be held in Moncton.  It has been SUCH a great experience being on this council.  The work is rewarding and the friendships amazing!  I cant wait to do it all over again in October, out West!!

Naturally, being away the entire weekend (and hence no post last week), this week I was playing catch up!  I had a lot of "mom" duties to take care of (pets needing shots, doctors' appointments, groceries and usual other mom-stuff ...) so no REAL crafting went on.

I DID have my two epic classes on Friday - I shared those projects on my last post.  We made the clutch package with notecards, the corner pop-up tea pot/cup Mothers Day card and an EASY card using the Free as a Bird bundle of products.  In my LAST class we made this bird card ...
 ... but I used up all that particular DSP ... and I wanted a slightly DIFFERENT bird card for Friday's class, as two of the attendees had come to BOTH classes and I wanted to offer them a different project.

This is what I came up with ... in literally 6 minutes!  I designed it Thursday night at 8:00 pm.  Class was Friday morning at 10:00 am and I wanted to spend some time with the family so QUICK was the name of the game.  I'm getting better at quick and easy, yes?
The Free as a Bird bundle of products will be available for purchase starting June 3rd ... but if you can't wait that long you COULD get these items in a Starter Kit ... and get it with NO shipping or tax!  Think about it!  The added bonus?  YOU CAN GET IT BEFORE IT SELLS OUT!  I just KNOW these items will go into backorder VERY quickly - they are THE hot item in the catalogue.  BEAT THE RUSH AND GET IT NOW!  You can add it to your kit (and be a part of my AMAZING team) right here.  My team is one of the fastest growing teams in the country (last year we were #5 in the country for growth!).  We'd LOVE to have you join us!

That's it for today.  I DO plan to get into the Craft Cave for a bit today. I have a LOT coning down the line for the last week of May and I HAVE to do some prep.  So until then, Happy Mother's Day!  I hope you have a stampy day!! xo


Tam

2 comments:

  1. You do so much, so successfully. I'm on day-three trying to design the first of five cards for stamp camp; it's grueling for me..... (OK, hubby rang the dinner bell, LOL). xox

    ReplyDelete