Monday, May 20, 2019

Butterfly Wishes, Floral Essence, Free as a Bird and Magnolia Lane

Happy Holiday Monday!

I'm obviously a day behind this weekend .... but I'm fine with that!  Last week was a draining one and I took yesterday to decompress and relax (for a change!) . Our epic trip to Rome and Greece is fast approaching and I was in a shopping mood, so I grabbed the teenagers and headed to the mall.  THAT wasn't a cheap endeavour, but for ONCE I spent more on ME than I did on THEM!  I picked up some REALLY cute rompers, dresses and jumpsuits ... 5 in total ... and I even passed on a few more!  I'm pretty sure I haven't lost weight so it must mean either manufacturers are making more cute clothes for curvy girls or I'm just much more comfortable in my own skin than I have been in the past and am dressing the body I HAVE!  I still need to find some shoes to GO with all these new clothes .. but that's a mission for another day.  Three hours of shopping had me in quite a bit of pain so I had to call it a day.

Why the pain?

Thursday I was rear-ended, heading off to pick up Alicia from school.  I didn't THINK it was a big deal but, on closer inspection of the car, there IS some damage and my hip and ankle are giving me grief.  Guess I'm off to the doctor and physio this week.  Sigh.

It was also a super busy end to the week as I helped one of my team gals put on a fundraiser for the MS Bike Ride to Conquer Cancer.  It was a great, FAST hour of crafting with about 15 brand new stampers.  They did AWESOME! ... but we need to work on GENTLY inking up the stamps lol
Evidence of a fun, inky crafting session! lol
 These are the cards they made ...
They are also the cards we will be making at MY class this Friday night.  "Tin of Cards Class".  It's $35 for two tins with 10 notecards in each.  You make 2 each of these 5 designs.  I still have room for 2 more stampers so, if you're in the Edmonton area send me a message if you can come!

Friday night and Saturday morning I help a class and my team Stampin' Social event.  We made the same 3 projects and I loved all the cards we made, using all new products from the 2019-2020 catalogue (which goes live June 4th).  Check them out!

The first one is made with the new "Butterfly Wishes" stamp set (for the background and FABULOUS sentiment font!!!) and the flower is made with the new Floral Essence stamp set and coordinating punch.  I LOVE the new ribbon on this card but (can you believe it) I RAN OUT!  I have actually used an ENTIRE roll of ribbon in just 3 weeks!!  Luckily for me I had another NEW ribbon on hand that worked just as well!

The colours I used were Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and Petal Pink.  Kinda love it!

 The next card we made was CASED from my fried Rose Marie Coleman.  She/we did a Shimmer Paint Resist technique for this great card, using products from the Everything is Rosy medley of products ...

 Late Thursday night I was STILL creating for the Friday night class and came up with THIS pretty card, using the new Purple Posy In Colour, along with the new Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and coordinating dies ..
 While it's a VERY pretty card (prettier in person!) it just didn't blow my hair back ... and my cards HAVE to blow my hair back for me to have them in a class.  So 4:00 am Friday morning I decided to get up and try again.  This is what I came up with ...
THAT one I loved enough to have in the class.  I just can't get enough of the Free as a Bird stamp set and designer paper!  I'm on my second pack of paper already!!!  That seriously had never happened before ... running out of product before the catalogue even goes live!!  You need these products!

I used the new Terracotta Tile In Colour paper ... and I even used TRINKETS on this card!  Again, I always BUY trinkets but I almost always end up selling them after they retire, using exactly NONE of them! lol ... perhaps I'm growing as a crafter!

I was thrilled to have my team member Kerri Anne come to our Social all the way from Brampton, Ontario.  She has business in Calgary next week but came up to play with us and to visit her nephew, who live here in Edmonton.  It was a great start to the weekend.

What's coming up next week?  Crafting wise, just my Tin of Cards class Friday night ... but I have a LOT of prep to do for two big gigs I have at the end of the month.  I'll be spending all week prepping marketing materials and setting up FIVE Stamparatus machines so 35 new crafters can succeed at their first time stamping!  A few days later I have my ALL DAY Everything is Rosy event (still time to register if you want to come!) and THEN, the week after THAT, I have my Open House and my Magnolia Lane / New Catalogue Launch Class!  TODAY IS THE DEADLINE TO GET IN ON THE EARLY BIRD PRICING.  There is ONE spot left in the morning session and only four left in the evening.  Message me TODAY if you want to come!  $45 for $45 worth of swag and door prizes ... and 3 great projects!!
I haven't designed the projects yet but these are some of the great cards I've seen other demonstrators make, and will be my inspiration for MY projects ... 




SO awesome!

So that has been my week and what I have coming down the pipe.  Whatever YOU get up to today, I hope you have a stampy Monday!


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Sooo sorry about your accident; FEEL BETTER; HEAL WELL! LOVE your cards. FIFTEEN NEW STAMPERS? Such fun (LOL about tap, tap, tap, eh?!!)!! Great inspiration pcs. too! xoox

    ReplyDelete