Sunday, June 9, 2019

Magnolia Lane Awesomeness

Happy Sunday!

What a gorgeous morning it is here in Edmonton, Alberta!  We have had a a number of cold, rainy days lately (like SNOW in some places cold ... in JUNE!) so today is a nice change.  Now don't get me wrong - you KNOW I love me some rain! ... and last week was PERFECT weather for me, as I needed to hit the basement to prep for my classes and open house.  No complaints HERE!

I flew a *little* too close to the sun for my liking last week, though.  When I had planned my "Swag Included Magnolia Lane" class I didn't realize the new catalogue went live JUNE 4TH, not June 1st.  Ack!  Luckily the universe was on my side and my expedited order came 1 day early, rather than 5 hours too late. Phew!

I also left DESIGNING to the last minute (not my fault!  Between ME going to physio, Alicia going to physio, Craig's dad still in the hospital and trying to spend a FEW hours with the family creating got put on the back burner!) . No worries!  When I start getting stressed I just remind myself that it always works out in the end (somehow!) and, as always, I got 'er done :)

These are the projects we made in class.  They are all SUPER quick and easy ... yet lovely.  They area all made using products JUST from the Magnolia Lane suite of products.
 You can't see it but the white layer is embossed with the Subtles embossing folder.  The flower is coloured with the Petal Pink and Old Olive blends and the sentiment/flower are in Early Espresso.

The Magnolia Lane DSP is . 3.5" x 3/4" strip and the leaves are cut out with the coordinating dies, using the new Old Olive coloured vellum.  LOVE that stuff!

The layer of Petal Pink card stock is and 4 1/2" plus 2 ticks x 3 1/4" plus 2 ticks  - the white layer is 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
 This one is just a standard card version of the notecard I posted last week.  Stamped in Sahara Sand and the leaves are painted with a QTip and our Champagne Mist Simmer paint

The layer of Sahara Sand card stock is and 4 1/2" plus 2 ticks x 3 1/4" plus 2 ticks  - the white layer is 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
This one was cased from Linda Dalke.  It's embossed with gold Embossing Powder, then painted with white craft ink, and sponged with Petal Pink ink.  SO striking!

The layer of Early Espresso card stock is and 4 3/4" plus 2 ticks x 3 1/2" plus 2 ticks  - the white layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
This one didn't make the cut.  Too "something" for my liking but fun to play with all the same.

So my Open House was yesterday.  It's always so fun to have aLL the new products set out to look at.  Thanks to everyone who came!
I wanted to spotlight an item that is easily overlooked in the catalogue - our new shimmer embossing powders!  There is black and white and the are SO pretty!  My prediction is the white will go into backorder come fall, as we all stock up for our Christmas cards!
I'll leave you with a picture of the Happy Mail I received this week.  Yup, a card from Mr. Dan.  He got our box of cards and, as always, sent us a thank you card.  It's amazing how one little card can brighten someones day so much.  I challenge YOU to send a card today.  Challenge accepted?

Thanks for popping in - I hope you have a super stampy Sunday!



Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment