Sunday, August 4, 2019

Paper Pumpkin for the win!


Happy Sunday!

Right!  If you popped in LAST Sunday you would have read that I hadn't been doing any stamping.  Not much has changed THIS week!  The house-purge continues!  This weekend we tackled the storage room.  MAN does a family of four ever accumulate a lot of stuff in a short span of time!  Funnily enough, according to my Facebook Memories that keep popping up this week the August long weekend seems to be THE weekend of purging!  There have been several years where I'm posting "quality used stuff" for sale or for free, just to "get it gone!"

While the rest of the house is looking pretty good my Craft Cave is getting worse by the day!  Aside from all NEW stamping toys arriving every few days, items from the storage room and other hiding spots are descending into my zone!  I don't know WHAT it is about containers but I LOVE them!  I guess I love the idea of being organized ... pretty, matching containers (labelled with my label maker, of course) all lined up on the shelves .... Ya.  That's the dream.  Instead they are piled high, tipping to one side just begging to be filled with all my "stuff"!

That's a project for another week, I fear.  Gallbladder surgery is Tuesday and I have a lot of other loose ends to finish up while I can still lift, bend and carry!

Last night I DID spend an hour in my cave.  I just needed to play for FUN!  I just don't do that enough, and the project that I start pile up.  I had five left over "Sentimental Rose" Paper Pumpkin kits hanging around.  They were 70% done, I just needed to assemble them ... so I did.  It felt great!  ... not just to craft, but to get one little pile of half-done-projects off my desk.  These little boxes of cards are SO cute and now I have a small stash ready to give away.
Paper Pumpkin kits are GREAT to have on hand.  If you're like me, an avid stamper, SOMEtimes you want to craft but just don't have the brain power to sit down, stare at a blank piece of paper and create something fabulous.  For those times you can just grab a kit, open it up and you can make the entire box of cards in about an hour.  Even if you don't love the design of the projects you can switch them up and make them your own!  There are LOTS of demonstrators, Facebook groups and youtube videos offering "Alternate Paper Pumpkin" designs.  It really is creativity in a box.

These kits are also perfect for beginner stampers.  There are instructions in the box and there are youtube videos you can watch, if you are more of a visual learner.  Kids and teens love these kits as they can do them without any additional materials and without mom's help.  They are GREAT to have on hand for rainy summer days when the kids are bored and my camping friends say they are a MUST to have in the camper for those same rainy days!

They really are a great value.  These kits are a subscription craft kit that arrives at your door every month.  They cost CDN $29.95 each month (plus gst, so $31.50).  For that you get everything you need (except scissors) to create the projects in the box; the cards, envelopes, embellishments, STAMP SET, INK SPOT, instructions ... it's all there!  The beauty of that is everything is together, stores in a tiny box and you don't need to have any other craft supplies on hand.  It's a small investment for (usually) nine cards.  At that price the cards work out to just $3.50 per card - a FAR cry from the $7-$12 per card you pay at the store! ... and you have a stamp set and ink you can use over and over on other projects.  I love them.  Can you tell?

Here are the kits I got so far this year ...





 Aren't they great??

If you are in Canada and would like to subscribe to get YOUR kit in the mail you can do so here.  You can cancel or suspend at any time.  This is the sneak peek for the August kit ... they are bags with tags ... and you can also purchase an add-on kit for an additional $13 that will allow you to make CARDS out of the items in the kit.  I *may* have ordered 12 of both *lol*

Here's a video on it!


It really is a nice little treat to receive every month.  Heck, you can even got a 6 month subscription as part of your Starter Kit, if you want a REALLY great deal!  Remember THAT deal that I keep telling you about?  Pick out $205 in ANY product you want ($158 of it can be your 6 month paper pumpkin subscription), but you only pay $135 flat.  THAT is the best way to go, if you want to save a truck load of money! ... but that is a post for another day.  Koda wants is walk and I have some "quality used stuff" to box up and take to the charity shop.

Whatever YOU get up to today I do hope you have a stampy day!!  Thanks for popping in!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment