Thursday, September 26, 2019

Stampin' Creative Blog Hop - Birthday Bonanza!

Welcome to the Stampin' Creative Blog Hop!  I'm Tamara Bertram, coming to you from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  I'm SO excited to he hopping with so many AMAZING demonstrators from around the globe as we bring you projects this month on a Birthday theme!  I don't know about you but I find birthday cards the hardest ones to design!  Honestly!  Hopefully you find some information as you hop along.  Please leave comments for us as you go.  It's always nice to see what others think of our work.  Happy hopping!

MY project came together quite quickly ... if you don't count the 7 hours of "Research & Development" (aka Pinterest *lol*).  After scrolling for HOURS (not kidding!) I decided to CASE a layout I loved ... one of MINE for about four years ago.  This seems to be my go-to method of design lately, finding an old card I loved then changing the pieces to use new papers, colours and stamp sets.

Here is my inspiration CHRISTMAS card:
 ... and here is my new , and improved BIRTHDAY card ...
I love it!  I seem to be into soft, muted colours this week.  It must be fall!  I used Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Petal Pink.  They look GREAT together!  Of course no card is complete without some doo-dads and some bling, so I used our adhesive backed sequins and Wink of Stella to fill those requirements!
I used my Stitched Shapes oval dies, the Piece of Cake stamp set and the banner from the new Toile Christmas set.  In order to NOT get the Christmas sentiment I just used my markers to colour the outline in Early Espresso and then stamped the happy birthday in Crumb Cake.  The sentiment is from the Piece of Cake set as well.  I ran the background ovals through my Hammered Metal embossing folder and the Scripty embossing folder to give those pieces some added interest.  The banner is popped up on dimensionals and BAM!  One pretty little birthday card ready to go!

I hope you like my project!  Now check out the projects of these other demonstrators.  Thanks for checking us out! Have a stampy day! Tam

2 comments:

  1. I would case that card! I would case them both. Fun layout, and choice of colors. Great for a class. Thanks for your hours of research :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* . Research is my forte! ... and usually while I'm always running out of time! hee hee I'm glad you like them :)

      Delete